Hacking Do any of the carts have plug and play for NDS?

Danny VIP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Stargate the only flashcart that let's you drag and drop DS games with no setup? I only want it for DS games so that seems like a waste of money. Also I'm going to be using a 3ds if I can find a good deal on a used dual IPS one.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know but the "setup" for the R4i Gold 3DS RTS (the r4ids.cn version) is nothing more than downloading the software, extracting it, and dragging/dropping it onto the SD card and since no more DS games are being made you don't have to worry about needing to update the DS cart. Thus the setup, which only needs to be done once, is no more difficult than copying a newly downloaded game to the sd card to play on the cart.

Danny VIP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I worded this poorly, setting up the cart is no problem I just don't want to modify the system or add anything to it. Will I need to do anything to the 3ds with that r4?

Danny VIP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dstwo sounds dope but that website doesn't have it and modchips either. I can wait tho as I'm still on the hunt for a 3ds with IPS screens, might just give up on that and get a used 2ds xl for 100-120.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Dstwo sounds dope but that website doesn't have it and modchips either. I can wait tho as I'm still on the hunt for a 3ds with IPS screens, might just give up on that and get a used 2ds xl for 100-120.
I recommend this: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
There's not really much that the DSTWO offers that you can't do better with 3DS homebrew. r4ids.cn R4i Gold 3DS has all the essential features + RTS and is one of the best DS flashcarts on the market. The Plus is just the version of that that has ntrboot included (can be used to CFW or unbrick 3DSes), even if you're not interested in that the price is the same as the regular R4i Gold.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
is there any flashcart that is not "drag and drop" type of thing placing of roms in your sd card?
well probably back then were passme type thing on nintendo ds needs some patching to play ds roms using the slot 2.

99.99% of the ds flashcart in the market today is preety much plug and play and drag and drop place your roms on your sd card. it only differs if the flashcart have timebomb or not and its additional features.

Danny VIP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all help guys this is so awesome! I had all the Pokemon games but I gave them to my sister, now soul silver and heart gold are crazy priced. I wish the system just had a DS VC store but o well I'll just get my games like this. Hope everyone has a great New Year's! I'll be home looking at the 3ds's on eBay haha!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
is there any flashcart that is not "drag and drop" type of thing placing of roms in your sd card?
well probably back then were passme type thing on nintendo ds needs some patching to play ds roms using the slot 2.

99.99% of the ds flashcart in the market today is preety much plug and play and drag and drop place your roms on your sd card. it only differs if the flashcart have timebomb or not and its additional features.
I think the flash carts for switch will work more like first-gen Stargate 3DS carts, flashing the entire ROM at a time to an SD card. Makes more sense to do so this gen, since games are MUCH bigger than 3DS ROMs.

Last edited by Jayro,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the flash carts for switch will work more like first-gen Stargate 3DS carts, flashing the entire room at a time to an SD card. Makes more sense to do so this gen, since games are MUCH bigger than 3DS ROMs.

Depends on the game though, the carts are currently only up to 32gb with 64gb in development and several games still require downloads to fully work.

So a 128gb micro sd card can easily contain more than 1 game.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game though, the carts are currently only up to 32gb with 64gb in development and several games still require downloads to fully work.

So a 128gb micro sd card can easily contain more than 1 game.
True. I'm just thinking that most games are under 32GB, and most SD cards @32GB or under $15 for most people, it's much cheaper than $60 per game.

Reactions: Quantumcat

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
True. I'm just thinking that most games are under 32GB, and most SD cards @32GB or under $15 for most people, it's much cheaper than $60 per game.

While prices have gone up, if you shop around you can get 128gb cards for a reasonable amount (currently about $40-60 on amazon.com, but Ive seen them lower).

Considering the varied sizes of games, this could prove more econimical in the long run.

Piebe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a DSTWO plus card that i cannot use for 3ds games, so if you are interested you can take if off my hands.

It isn't broke, the firmware of my 3ds is too high which i was unaware of when purchasing the card.

Last edited by Piebe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol