Do any Homebrew apps drain battery power faster than normal (o3ds)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by PowerMiner, Nov 3, 2015.

1. PowerMiner
    OP

PowerMiner Advanced Member

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    Such as: Hans, which I'm just using for the screenshot tool,
    Gameyob,
    Blargsnes,
    just anything I guess... I just ask because my two lights on the bottom and top of my 3DS were giving me some mixed signals, but I think that may have been more from using some 3D in Alpha sapphire which is extremely batterydraining it seems like...

Just a question of curiousity, is all.

2. jaksy

jaksy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2014
    United States
    It all depends on how intensive that process is.
    From my understanding though, changing your screens brightness is where you'll see most of your significant battery differences.

3. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    I'm not sure, but I don't think Homebrew drains battery faster than normal games. From what I've understood, you have 2 modes on your 3DS ; the DS mode (severely underclocked mode without the Home Menu (and so streetpast, spotpass. etc) running in the background) and the 3DS mode, which is the "normal" mode every game runs in.
    The only way for Homebrew to drain more battery that "normal" games is on New 3DS, if I'm not mistaken, since that console introduces the N3DS mode (basically the 3DS mode but with 3 cores running at 804MHz (normal 3DS games runs on 2 cores at 268MHz)), when they set the CPU to 804MHz.

Again, I'm really not sure, I probably said some incorrect things, but I really think you don't have to worry about battery consumption on O3DS :P