Gaming Do any games come region free?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple different NTSC-U versions of FIFA Soccer 10 and they are both region free and display as PAL in USB Loader GX.
Do any games come that way (region free) on the original disc? Or has someone RegionFrii'd them both & labeled them as NTSC-U?

danih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Not that I know of... As video modes are different, there is no such thing as a region free game in Wii Land... But it can be patched as you described of course...

The-Magician

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Region Free games i have are :
crash of the titans RQJX7D RF
cursed mountain RQ6XKM RF
farmyard party R5OXUG RF
hasbro family game night RRMX69 RF
newu fitness first personal trainer RU4X41 RF
rabbids go home RGWX41 RF
wall-e RWAX78 RF

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only two of those I have are:

Cursed Mountain - RQ6EJJ
Rabbids Go Home - RGWE41

They say NTSC in both WBFS Manager and USB Loader GX, which makes me 99.9% sure that the two supposed NTSC/USA versions of FIFA 10 I've tried were actually PAL releases that were RegionFrii'd because they say RF in WBFS Manager and say PAL in GX.

Funny too, cuz they were both scene releases.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep, i think X is just another PAL region code, at least that's how i interpret it in my apps.

There's no such thing as a region free game. But there's no such thing as (working)region lock either. The disc channel checks for the region of the game, and that's it. If you use a loader, it ignores the region, or better only uses the region to determine which video mode to use. If you can play certain games even if they are from the wrong region, this mostly has 2 reasons:
1. you have a good tv/cable combination that just eats PAL and NTSC
2. the game has video modes for both included

Maybe you saw this already, you tried to force a game to NTSC or PAL, and it immediately froze with a green screen. This usally happens if NTSC or PAL video mode is not present on the disc. If you don't force the game then, it runs either perfectly(good tv) or in black&white(bad tv, >90% of cases NTSC sdtv).

Ok there are exceptions to the region free, but until now it's only NTSCJ or KOR something else as far as i saw it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: