Homebrew Do any emulators have a way to

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Topic says it all...

Can any emulator for the wii be launched from a channel with an argument to load a specific rom on boot?

I can't find any info, so I guess it is a no no?

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there is not.

A simple fix: The emulator creators should have a game auto start if there is only one rom is in the rom folder.

Example
emulator is located at:
sd://apps/mariokart/boot.dol

Set the rom folder to:
sd://apps/mariokart/rom/
in this folder there would be only one file: mariokart.smc

It would not be the most efficient system but it would work. Older copies of snes9x auto loaded if only one rom was present, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why would you only have 1 rom
laugh.gif

D

Deleted-171178

I know what you mean, you want to make custom VC-style channels with better compatibility, right?
Ive asked it many a time, but got no good response.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
Topic says it all...

Can any emulator for the wii be launched from a channel with an argument to load a specific rom on boot?

none...why do you have to if there are VC games available?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
Slimmmmmm said:
Topic says it all...

none...why do you have to if there are VC games available?

It's for an app I was making that could load diff emulators from 1 menu, but making some sub menus is turning out to be a real pita.

Long story short, I made some discs a long time ago EG:
Mario disc, contains a few Mario GC games and roms from nes,snes and gba etc. This was to make it easy for my kids to play some retro games.

Now however I'm making an app that lists and sorts games (to make it easy for my kids)
What I hope to do is have is wii games (from USB), Wiiware and various emulators too.

It would mean I had 1 menu to launch all sorts from, I suppose if we could launch an emulator and a specific rom some would also like the idea that make these forwarder discs that they use in USB loader etc.

So my menu has tabs, NES, SNES, N64, WiiWare, Wiigames etc etc (no gamecube until I get a WODE though)
I wanted to have more sub menus so I could have Zelda, Mario etc etc.
I also plan to have things like ... multiplayer,genre etc

Everything so far is easy (but very time consuming) except for the emulators. My crap workaround so far is to have multiple copies of various emulators and an insane folder structure...which totally sucks.

Thanks for the suggestions about previous emulators I will play about with some older versions too when I get time. I thought about changing the code for some emulators, but hoped some supports argument based loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu