Do all PS4 Pros sound like jet engines?

ital

OP
Trophies
XP
Read that the CUH-7216B model is supposed to have fixed this but others say no, some say coil noise is still whining, Louis.

Also is it really worth the upgrade over a super quiet Slim? Mainly looking at PS2 emulation. How do you spot a quiet professional?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard pros run pretty hot, but I've never owned one. I still use a phat myself. I know the ps5 is quiet as hell except for when it spins a disc to verify that you own it. that's like right when you come back from rest mode. only lasts about 15 seconds, then it's super quiet.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a CUH-7512B and it's the quietest thing. I don't ever hear it at all , no matter what game I play (in 4k). I never touch the console so I can't say how warm it gets, but if I can't hear the fan it probably doesn't get extremely hot. It came from a Modern Warfare bundle.

Reactions: AfricanLuigi

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you replace the thermal paste and pads, you can make them fairly quiet. I've replaced the stuff in my launch model PS4 and launch model Pro, and they are extremely quiet no matter what's thrown at them.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as my PRO model just sounds normal, no noisier than any other PS4 I previously owned.

Reactions: kop365

NeonDeity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
My ps4pro does that but it happens only for a couple of games like God of War, spider man and even sekiro for some reason even if its not graphic intensive. I use a nice noise cancelling headphone so its fine.

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i've used first generation of ps4 pro and yes i experienced all of this, but since i made a hole the jet engine sound disappeared and my pro never reach 75 degrees of celcius

i used gelid gc extreme as thermal paste if it helps almost 4th year since last time i apply thermal paste on my console and until now i haven't found any problem yet

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I expected mine to be horrible, but I must have been pretty damn lucky because my pro is quiet. I'd heard that they are all jet engines and my phat cuh-1200 is pretty loud even with replaced thermal paste. My pro is on 9.03 so I can't monitor it's temps but my phat revs its tits off to keep itself at about 80 max at stock fan config. So my pro is actually way quieter than a regular ps4 even on intense titles.

It could be due to having the latest pro revision CUH-7216B, which I notice has the regular 2 pin plug that all the other ps4s have, but there are other pro models that have a much thicker power connector. So I assume the earlier pro models must use more power and therefore need for intense cooling.

So I guess it might depends on which revision you get your hands on.

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you replace the thermal paste and pads, you can make them fairly quiet. I've replaced the stuff in my launch model PS4 and launch model Pro, and they are extremely quiet no matter what's thrown at them.
I also did this. the dust was not the problem apparently, in my case. after replacing the thermal paste, it's silent again.

Reactions: Panzer_Baboon

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repasted and repadded. My launch pro still ramps up pretty loud on some games but this is known on the launch pro

Get some IC Diamond and redo it. My launch unit barely gets audible no matter what I throw at it. I did mine nearly 18 months ago and it's not pumping out like the Artic stuff that lasted 3 weeks the first time I did it.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get some IC Diamond and redo it. My launch unit barely gets audible no matter what I throw at it. I did mine nearly 18 months ago and it's not pumping out like the Artic stuff that lasted 3 weeks the first time I did it.
Did exactly that. The temps are very cool and its well in the safe zone but some games just ramp that fan up to crazy. Maybe I have a different revision fan than yours.

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Delta fan that people claim is the loud one, but it's quieter than my launch model PS4 with both of them having the paste changed.

lonX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My God of war pro console is quite (3 pin socket). Last of us, death stranding and kingdom hearts console might be quieter due to 2 pin power socket

Saint_Khey

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
i've used first generation of ps4 pro and yes i experienced all of this, but since i made a hole the jet engine sound disappeared and my pro never reach 75 degrees of celcius

i used gelid gc extreme as thermal paste if it helps almost 4th year since last time i apply thermal paste on my console and until now i haven't found any problem yet
Hi, where did you open the hole?

Fumigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My pro gets louder after launching CFW for some reason... never really cared about it tho/ not cfw but you know what the hell ever you call it. not used it in a year tho...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...