Hacking Do AGBSAVE, TWLN and TWLP partitions need to be moved over?

Seepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed A9LH a few weeks ago and followed an old guide to transfer over the emunand to sysnand. At the time, it was only suggested that I should transfer over the CTRNAND partition to emunand and that did the job. To be more specific, I swapped the CTRNAND from my 10.7 emunand to my 9.2 sysNAND and vice-versa. I now have 9.2 emunand (with just the CTRNAND) and 10.7 sysnand with just the CTRNAND.

The newer guides are suggesting I should transfer over AGBSAVE, TWLN and TWLP as well. Will it hurt my sysnand setup if I do not have these installed?

Also given that I have played plenty of games from the time I installed A9LH, is it still safe to copy over these NANDS now? Or will doing so mess up my save files etc.

Last edited by Seepy,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the twl and what not shouldnt mess anything up from moving them but i have heard that not moving them can cause some sort of issue

Seepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the twl and what not shouldnt mess anything up from moving them but i have heard that not moving them can cause some sort of issue

I've added a bit more context in the opening thread.

Just to clarify, it would be safe (and wiser) for me to transfer these partitions over to my sysnand?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the twl/agb stuff on ur 10.7 nand is still 9.2 from what i have read(and why it becomes an issue) and the 9.2 emunand still has the 10.7 files. all the twl/agb stuff has to do with is gba and dsi ware. so that would be the only things that could get messed up

Reactions: Seepy

Seepy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I'll make backups of everything and then transfer the NANDs over. I feel a lot safer knowing I have a9lh installed

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Just a bit of explanation:

If you don't transfer the TWLN and TWLP partitions, you'll have outdated partitions and won't be able to play any DS games (even legit carts).

AGB_SAVES don't need to be transferred, but you may loose save games if you don't.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did not transfer TWLN and TWLP partitions, only CTRNAND.

I don't have issues to play nds games or everything else, it may be related to the fact that I had linked nands at the time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)