ROM Hack Do .3ds roms come with public headers?

Caleb Metzger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, long time reader first time poster, I am trying to gain a pretty thorough understanding of private and public headers. I have read just about every other post about them but i had one question which wasn't answered.
I have a sky3ds+(v112) and a powersaves and i know how to get the private header off but i am trying to find out if downloaded roms come with a public header or no header at all. there is nothing listed where the header should be in the .cfg file and i was under the impression that all games came with public headers until it was replaced by a private one. I ask because i was just curious if i could go online with mario tennis open, assuming the public header would work for a short time but it wouldnt let me connect online at all (with error code) same with other games. Just trying to figure out where to find the public header that the games come with?
Thanks a lot everyone i love this community on here everyone is so helpful.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pretty sure they come with public headers, so you'll have to insert your own private header. I'm also sure there's a guide on that somewhere, should be easy to find.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not sure what a scene release is but I think I get what you're saying. So downloaded roms don't have headers unless you add your own private header? Thanks a lot for the info!
Some you find on that ISO site will have headers. Best not use those headers since they can get you banned.
Sky will not use the header in the game ROM though.

Caleb Metzger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some you find on that ISO site will have headers. Best not use those headers since they can get you banned.
Sky will not use the header in the game ROM though.
Awesome I believe all of mine are scene roms which would explain why none of them can connect to the internet and don't have headers thanks alot guys. I'm gonna import my private header tommorow in the default_game save_key and see how it goes!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr