Gaming DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition & Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition announced

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
DMCDE_PS4_2D_PACKSHOT_PEGI_1418642833.jpg
Capcom just announced that DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition will be available to purchase as a digital download and at retail stores across Europe and North America for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One starting March 17, 2015 for RRP $39.99 / EUR 39.99 / GBP 29.99. Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Summer 2015.

Check out the following announcement for the full Press Release:
Developed by Ninja Theory, DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition will include the original stylish action game, all previously released downloadable content, including the "Vergil's Downfall" campaign as well as brand new modes and additional gameplay features, making this the ultimate offering for Devil May Cry fans.
New to DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, players will be able to play as Dante's twin brother himself in Vergil's Bloody Palace Mode. For an extra depth of challenge, players will be able to try out the added Gods Must Die and Must Style Mode as well as Hardcore Mode, which has been designed to play more like the classic Devil May Cry series. DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition players will also receive new Dante and Vergil costumes inspired by classic Devil May Cry character designs. The game's high quality production values will run at a stunning 1080p and smooth 60 fps across both next-gen consoles.
Balancing and improvements based on fan feedback from DmC Devil May Cry are being implemented into DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition, as well as modifiers that can be turned on at various stages, including Turbo Mode which allows players to increase the speed of play for even faster, more intense combat. Additional leaderboards, trophies and achievements will be included, as well as social features, taking advantage of both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One functionality.
DmC Devil May Cry sees Dante's origin story being retold against a contemporary backdrop. Dante is a young man with no respect for authority or society in general. He knows that he is not human, but also that he is not like the demons that have tormented him throughout his life. Caught between worlds, he feels like an outcast. Thanks to his twin brother Vergil, leader of the anti-establishment group "The Order", Dante is now discovering and coming to terms with what it means to be the child of a demon and an angel. Combat and movement throughout the game are influenced by Dante's ability to call upon both angel and demon abilities, dramatically affecting the gameplay style.
definitive_logo_1418642819.jpg DmC_Announcement_Screen_001_1418642205.jpg DmC_Announcement_Screen_002_1418642206.png DmC_Announcement_Screen_003_1418642206.jpg
DmC_Announcement_Screen_004_1418642206.png DmC_Announcement_Screen_005_1418642207.png DmC_Announcement_Screen_006_1418642208.png DmC_Announcement_Screen_007_1418642210.png

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
It was actually really good but fanboys didn't like the changes to the aesthetic or to Dante himself so just bashed the hell out of the game. It reviewed well pretty much universally.

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
Truth be told, the game (DmC) is actually good. Great gameplay and mechanics. The game went down a (little) bit due to fanboys claiming and saying that is not the Dante we all got used to playing. But really, try out the game, don't mind the looks and it's all about the gameplay. I'll put the game in the level the same as DMC3 and DMC4 (in my opinion, more or less).

PS: Wish they put this on the Vita as well.

Reactions: cvskid and T-hug

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If they can't make a new DMC then the solution is to remaster an HD release for the current-gen consoles. *sigh* Back on the 7th gen the HD collections made sense since they were SD to HD but now they're just HD-er which isn't saying much so the current gen consoles (8th gen) aren't getting anything new.

It's upsetting they're just re-releasing games rather than developing new ones.

Reactions: T-hug

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great just what we needed, more and more games to rehash or charge full price(almost) just to throw onto "next gen" systems. What's next Mega man X HD remastered Collection.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great just what we needed, more and more games to rehash or charge full price(almost) just to throw onto "next gen" systems. What's next Mega man X HD remastered Collection.

I'd actually like to see a Mega Man X HD Remastered Collection. But I'd prefer a Remake Collection with all games redesigned in the visual style of MMX8, but with the best possible graphics a PS4 could deliver. That would look tasty.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd actually like to see a Mega Man X HD Remastered Collection. But I'd prefer a Remake Collection with all games redesigned in the visual style of MMX8, but with the best possible graphics a PS4 could deliver. That would look tasty.

I'm a bit ehhh on that one. As much as I want to see something like this or something new to the Megaman series is as much as I think Capcom forgot about it. Although redesigning the games with a better art style sounds awesome.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm a bit ehhh on that one. As much as I want to see something like this or something new to the Megaman series is as much as I think Capcom forgot about it. Although redesigning the games with a better art style sounds awesome.

But let's be honest here: That change in art style will never ever happen. Who really puts effort into re-releasing an old game today?... I mean, except Game Freak. :lol:

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Yet another fucking port of previous generation game because why not and PC gamers are left to wonder do they have to pay more to get extras or left behind licking their fingers.

Haven't played any other devil may cry game, but DmC was pretty good IMO.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem with DmC is that Dante's character is targeted to gamers that are too young to play DmC.
I might pick up DmC4 though since I haven't played the original titles.

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country

I wouldn't mind playing the old Megaman games (Megaman classics, like 2 -10) using the graphics and mechanics from Megaman Powered Up. And then a somewhat revamped versions of the X series from X2 until X7 I supposed. You know, like the Maverick Hunter X. Even if it's like that, I'm fine with it. Just anything Megaman will do.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the original release really sell well enough to warrant a remaster? I played it and it wasn't bad, but then again I'm not a veteran of the series. True Devil May Cry fanboys were quite butthurt over DMC.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No wonder Capcom bleeds money. Original release of DmC sells well below expectations, so they remaster it. Losing money once was not enough?

Reactions: MushGuy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/