BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i ventured out of my safe way to watch the movie "Fargo". What a different movie.

I wont sit here and pick apart this movie because there was a lot I didnt like. So ill skip to the heart of the movie that i did enjoy, looking past the undesierable parts.

The main character, Jerry Lundergaard, is a guy that looks like hes in trouble to begin with. i don't know any of his past, so i have no idea what kind of trouble hes is to have 2 criminals to come, kidnap his wife, and have his his father-in-law pay a ransom of 1 million dollars. The plan, while risky, seemed like i would work. But knew something, or even a string of some misfortunes, would push this movie to be a series of problems that snowball(how appropriate to have this happen in the middle of winter. So much death and destruction of this family).

So where does this leave us? I saw the pregnant cop( whom i did not like) almost single handedly figures out this huge mishap and somehow manage to eat something ever 3 minutes. At the end when she catches the blond perpetrator attempting to expunge his friends memory forever by inserting him into a wood chipper(!?). She asks the question "Why?' like shes never had anything go wrong. ever.

Has she? She wakes to a phone call of a Triple homaside at about 5 in the morning and takes it like its just another day. Three people dead. Big deal. I figured that the cop was just a little more calous than a normal peoson would take the murders. "ok," i thought,"thats normal for a cop to be." But even after she exmans the bodies, she is still as uncaring as ever. I step away from this movie asking, "why wouldn't this child-bearing mother accept the caring arm of an old friend over her shoulder?","Whats wrong with her going to bed and all she askes her husband about is the duck paintings? No work related talk?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Biginya