Dloading Strat Guides

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by [M]artin, Jul 9, 2007.

1. [M]artin
    OP

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    Anyone know of a place that provides various video game strategy guides scans (.pdf's) for direct download or perhaps keeps a collection of torrents handy (free of charge)? I know I can find a select few (not a lot) via searching on torrent sites, but I was wondering if there was a site that specialized in assembling numerous guides in one place. Thanks in advance! [​IMG]

2. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    Isn't this illegal to ask? I mean, aren't they copyrighted material?

3. Shelleeson

Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2007
    i'm here....silly.
    i would have thought if someone had done one in a text file that they had made by actually going through the game it wouldn't be, no. but if [m]artin is on about actual scans of walkthroughs from a published manual then yes it would be in breech of copyright laws and then (possibly) against forum rules to provide a link yes. [​IMG]
    why does it need to be a .pdf file?

4. Bowser128

Bowser128 King Koopa

May 26, 2006
    England
    Scans are either PDFs or individual images, and browsing through and trying to read separate images can be a pain.

5. Shelleeson

Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2007
    i'm here....silly.
    well i kind of meant why aren't the .txt file walkthroughs good enough LOL? [​IMG]
    yes i really know the answer because the scanned versions have pretty pictures and all the hidden stuff most people can't find. [​IMG]

6. Phillyman

Phillyman GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2005
    United States
    My site does work on some guides, but mostly mags.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice