DLDI problems with new microsd card.

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by OSW, Feb 22, 2007.

Feb 22, 2007
  1. OSW
    OP

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    I spoke a bit with FAST6191 (i think) on the ez-flash irc chan, but i thought i'd make a topic in case anyone else could contribute advice.

basically the problem is as follows; i had a a ez4 deluxe and a sandisk ultraII 1gb microsd. Had plenty of homebrew apps and had them all working fine (including a few dldi apps). now then i broke my microsd card, so i bought a new one, same card same shop. When i put all my data back on the card everything (roms, homebrew etc) worked perfect except for most DLDI homebrew . things such as moonshell and DSOrganise and lick's media player (DLDI versions) froze at boot screens (Moonshell at boot error screen and DSO at trying to get fat access i think). I tried repatching files a variety of ways and using the alt DLDI file, but none worked.

I also tested the ez4 compiled (with write support) versions of DSO and a few other homebrews and they wrote to the card fine. The only success i had with DLDI was MCtool (alt DLDI) and Comicbook DS (alt DLDi again).

the only other thing i noticed was that my new microsd card has a smaller sticker (about 50% smaller) on the back where it says "made in taiwan" etc. I did check the box to see that i had the same card and it was precisely the same box (save for barcode or whatever u call it).

Well that's about it. At the moment i'm a bit sad that i can't use these programs (particularly moonshell), but i'm doing alright just opccupying myself in other ways and i'm considering getting a slot one card (i don't need any advice though) so i can use DLDI homebrew (and NDS games) on it instead, That is, particularly if i can't get my ez4 DLDI homebrew to work.

2. Athlon-pv

Member Athlon-pv GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    See if you can borrow someone's microSD and try to get that working.

Also check your Sd card for errors .

3. alcaholjunkie

Member alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Have you tried using cory1492's alt dldi for ez4? (the official ez4 dldi doesn't work on all cards).

There's a link to it in This Thread on the ez-flash usa forums. [​IMG]

4. OSW
    OP

Australia
    un fortunately i don't know anyone with micro-sd cards, but my old card (before it was broken) was the same model card and it worked fine.

i have tried the alt dldi and it fails too.

5. OSW
    OP

Australia
    Hmm, i must have been making a mistake patching or something, because now the alt DLDI patch works fine (albeit slow, which is to be expected). They must have mad changes to the the microsd card model because my old one handled normal dldi fine.

damn Sandisk, never going that way again!