Homebrew DLDi Homebrew Patching Question

unDead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think this should go in the Flash Cart forums since this is not an error with a flash cart, it's and error with ARDSi/DLDi Patching.

On to my question.

I'm new to the NDS modding/homebrew scene, so this question might be fairly obvious. I have a DS Light and I just got an Action Replay DSi and a 4 GB MicroSDHC memory card. I'm trying to start the Colors! homebrew via my MicroSD that I DLDi patched on my computer, and I get this error:

Code:
"Error 101: FAT could not be initialized
The file system could not beÂÂinitialized on this flash card.

-- Check that your flash card is using the latest system software available on the flash card manufacturer's website. 

-- Check that Colors.nds have been properly DLDI patched for your flash card."

And some details about Colors! Support.

I researched this and all I found is that you should use a 2 GB Micro SD, not anything bigger, for DLDi patching.

Is there any way around this? I can't just go back and exchange this card, but I am willing to do a lot (I don't have money though) to get this to work. I don't really care about ROMs, just homebrew.

In short, my question is:
Is there an alternate way to use homebrew on an ARDSi aside from DLDi patching?
OR
How can I DLDi patch without needing a 2 GB MicroSD?
OR
How can I fix the FAT error while still using a 4 GB?

Help would be EXTREMELY appreciated, especially since I am kind of out of options. Please don't suggest buying a flash card, because as I stated I:
A) Don't have money.
B) (Which I didn't state) Have no method of paying online and/or getting funds onto PayPal or a credit card.

Thanks,
unDead

unDead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what came with Colors!, I tried the .nds file and the HBMenu. Also, Moonshell is not working. It says it cant find the 'moonshel' folder when it is clearly on the memory stick.
frown.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For Moonshell...it should be a "moonshl" folder. You could try running Colors in the root of your microSD, but I highly doubt it will do anything. Apart from what you have already done, I can't think of any way to make it work with what you have.

unDead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, yeah I meant moonshl. I did try Colors! at the root but it didn't work. I might not have a choice, I think I just can't use this memory stick for homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass