Homebrew DLCs won't show up(cia)

pofer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a problem a friend is describing to me, since I have no idea of what causes the problem I thought I'd ask her

He says that , He's trying to install some DLCs (smash Bros in this case) , but he had bought some of those DLCS first (Ryu and mewtwo) , but now that he installs the cia pack with all the DLCs it simply doesn't show up in game

Before hand ; he says:

Ive already erased and reinstalled everything and it still won't show up

---

Can anyone lend me a hand here ?

Thanks a lot !

kevman323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a problem a friend is describing to me, since I have no idea of what causes the problem I thought I'd ask her

He says that , He's trying to install some DLCs (smash Bros in this case) , but he had bought some of those DLCS first (Ryu and mewtwo) , but now that he installs the cia pack with all the DLCs it simply doesn't show up in game

Before hand ; he says:

---

Thanks a lot !
I had the same issue. Using bigbluemenu instead of fbi fixed it for me.

Also remember that accessing eshop or any other Nintendo is service will delete some of your installed dlc.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. It really does not work with FBI. Only BBM or Devmenu.

FBI will happily install it without error, but it will never show in-game.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want this meme dead already, I have all the DLCs and only used FBI since I can't into BBM
Though shit. If you "can't into BBM" then you don't know what you're doing and it really depends on how the DLC.cia file was made. If you got all Smash DLC using FunkyCIA, it will work ONLY when installed with BBM. https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/issues/30

Last edited by urherenow,

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It worked for me when I delete the update from ssb and install (example 1.1.3 Update cia) and then the dlc. This works for me. If you update the game via eshop, it won't work for me

Reactions: GalladeGuy

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Before hand ; he says:

---

Thanks a lot !
I had this issue, there are 2 things you need. first, make sure you do not have an nnid on emunand (the game wont run from sysnand anyway if its 9.2 or below). Second, open up the dlc shop in game, and it should download. thats how I did it, and it worked for me. If you still have issues, try installing a cia version of smash 3ds and try to get the dlc working in that version first before you try it with a cartridge. This fixed it for me. I also used FBI and it worked fine for me, no need for BBM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NO. It really does not work with FBI. Only BBM or Devmenu.

FBI will happily install it without error, but it will never show in-game.
I fixed this by going to the dlc shop in-game, and let it download the dlc. note that I did not have an NNID on emunand or use eshop so that may affect it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, If all of the above fail, try a different dlc pack downloaded from somewhere else, see if that helps

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for me, i had to remove all data that wasnt the game itself, so update data, dlc data, everything.
then instead of downloading the update from eshop, download a cia with the latest update and after installing that, i installed dlc pack 2, 3 and 4 and it worked.

though you need to reinstall pack 4 everytime you enter eshop

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say it again. It depends on where you got it from and how it was made. When people say they installed DLC, but it doesn't show up in the game, 99 times out of 100, they installed it with FBI. In these cases, the only time installing with BBM doesn't solve the issue, is when people mix and match regions (region spoofed DLC with a Smash.CIA for a specific region, or vice versa, or just plain wrong regions).

If you dump your own ticket.db after visiting the in-game DLC shop while using your OWN CART, and all game updates from the eshop installed, then download all DLC using said ticket.db and funkyCIA2, you can install the DLC all day long with FBI and it will never give you an error. It still will not show up in-game. Go back and install the same .cia with BBM, and it will show in-game.

None of this deleting updates or other nonsense. And guess what? Since my game is up to date, from the eshop, and I can actually purchase from the in-game shop, if I want to, I most certainly do have an NNID on my emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1