DLC purchased in EmuNAND vanished by viewing them in 4.5 FW's Setting

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MelonGx, Mar 24, 2014.

1. MelonGx
    OP

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    I don't know whether anyone posted this topic or not. If it has already existed, I'll say sorry.

I purchased a Fire Emblem Awakening (EUR)'s DLC file in EmuNAND, and wanted to explore whether it was able to see in original 4.5.0-10E FW's Settings -> Data Management -> Add-on Contents.
    But, it said there's nothing inside.
    Then I went back to EmuNAND, ran the FE:A (EUR), it said cannot find any DLC stored in SD card.
    Fortunately, I can still re-download the DLC again.

Before this happened, I had confirmed that the DLC was existed in the EmuNAND MT3D 7.1.0-16E's Settings -> Data Management -> Add-on Contents.

Is it to say that:
    1) The DL things purchased in EmuNAND, is never compatible with the 3DS console's original 4.5 FW?
    2) The e-Shop log is stored in FW since the original 4.5 cannot recognize the contents bought in EmuNAND 7.1?
    3) If the EmuNAND is broken, or rebuilt, the purchased DLC will be lost forever?

2. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    1) 4.5 firmware does not have valid license (lic is inside emunand) for dlc and erases it I think.
    2) eShop is tied to console serial.
    3) if 2 is true then not.

3. MelonGx
    OP

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Then supposed that 1 is true, if rebuilt another EmuNAND, would the license exist inside, since neither 4.5 nor the new EmuNAND had the license initially?
    I don't know whether making another EmuNAND with a second SD card will make my current EmuNAND not to work. So I can't test it by myself.

4. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    Just my speculations. New emunand from 4.5 won't have license but it should be marked as purchased on Nintendo servers and you should be able to download on the new emunand.

5. MelonGx
    OP

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Now I'm creating a 2nd EmuNAND on another SD card.

(Edit 1) Just confirmed that the 1st EmuNAND is still working properly after 2nd EmuNAND being created and executed.
    (Edit 2) Just updated 2nd EmuNAND to MT3D 7.1.0-16E and found the purchased DLC in e-Shop log. Comfirmed that the purchased DLC is downloadble.

Problem solved.