DJ Hero - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by drmarvin, Apr 14, 2011.

1. drmarvin
    OP

drmarvin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Hi all

I know this is late in the game to try DJ Hero (1), but there is a place selling the game and a turntable for $20. We love the Rock Band games (just got RB3 for $18), so we are not averse to the type of game. I'm wondering if others think the game is fun. Should I spend the money (albeit not that much)? Should I buy 2 so I have a second turntable? Is it worth having even more controllers around?

Thanks for any input.

Cheers

2. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    I would say it's definitely worth it for 20$, I paid 50 and don't regret it. It's a different experience then GH/RB, but still a lot of fun.

Assuming this is DJ hero 1, there's no point in getting a second turntable. I've heard there's better competitiveness in DJ Hero 2, but I haven't played that yet.

3. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I haven't played it, but I'd say to take a look at the soundtrack. No matter how good the turntable thingy is, if you're only going to mix songs you don't like then I doubt it'll be worth anything.

(then again, 20 bucks IS a bargain)

4. SFenton

SFenton ಠ_ಠ

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    Derp
    I love it and I bought it for $120. Haven't picked up 2 yet (and I doubt I will), but I absolutely adore the first one.