Hacking DJ Hero Update

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 4.2U and the disc channel is asking for an update for the DJ Hero Retail disc. Does anyone know why? I hate having to use Neogamma to launch a retail disc.

Thanks in advance.

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you. I'll use Gecko and see if it will install the IOS off the disk. I've done a ton of searching on gbatemp and have yet to find any information about the retail game update.

For anyone else having this problem, I'll let you know if i figure anything out.

Thanks!

edit: Updated the shop channel through Wiiscu .23, did not touch IOS51. Still no love. Do you think it may be the IOS51 i need to update.

Also Gecko OS launched the game but didn't install an IOS. Is there something I need to do in order to get it to install an IOS?

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, nothing is working. I've dumped to my hard drive and I'll just play off of that. I'm a bit upset that no one else has this problem. I'd really like to fix this disc channel problem as my wife and 3 y.o like to play this game. I'd hate for them to update it through the disc channel.

If anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Sorry for bumping the thread, but I'd hope someone would see this and know what I should do.

Thanks.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just install Priiloader and enable the block system updates hack. I think it's just a false alert from the game due to the differences between a legit 4.2 and a softmodded 4.2. Either way if it works through USB you have the ios files the game needs. Priiloader will block the update check and the game will launch fine from the disc channel.

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
just run the update...

why would i run the update? then i lose bootmii boot2 privileges and the like. that doesn't seem like sound advice.

I'm assuming preloader can be used on a 4.2U wii with bootmii as boot2 with no problems. I'll have to look into it. thanks for your help.

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thecyanaura said:
ziddey said:
just run the update...

why would i run the update? then i lose bootmii boot2 privileges and the like. that doesn't seem like sound advice.

I'm assuming preloader can be used on a 4.2U wii with bootmii as boot2 with no problems. I'll have to look into it. thanks for your help.

Its just gonna install the missing IOS

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if you're being sarcastic or what. I guess that DJ Hero is only slate for 4.0 or so, am I right? So running the update won't completely update my system menu.

I don't mind running from my hard drive, but I would like to have it work through the disc channel.

I'm going to trust jazvdb in that it will only install the "missing" IOS.

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ziddey said:
OH MY GOD

wow, bro. I realize you're a bit more "seasoned" than I, but I'm actually asking a legitimate question. Although I may have taken your first post as advice, I would have hoped that you could elaborate a bit more instead of "just run the update". . and then of course, your second and third post were just shots at my unwillingness to fuck up my boot2.

I'll update. thanks for your help.

gene0915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll echo what others have said. Just let it update. I'm on 4.2U via a softmod guide from GBATemp and I think once or twice I popped a game in (forget why I had to) but it prompted me for an update and I let it do it. I didn't lose anything.......boot2, Homebrew, nothing. So chill out and pull the trigger else copy it to your USB drive and get dj'ing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...