GCN DIY SD2SP2 installed internally soldering a micro sd adapter to GameCube Serial port 2

ANG3LK1LL3R127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dol 001 with no serial port, and a broken JP motherboard that has one. Can i transplant the port itself to my working modded gamecube?

Im a beginner at this stuff so thank you in advance
All I had to do was jump the missing bead filter on FIL22 and that delivers power to the port and it worked fine for me.

ROGsamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I had to do was jump the missing bead filter on FIL22 and that delivers power to the port and it worked fine for me.
So just read the post where you can solder an adapter and i edited the photo and If i read correctly the guy said you didnt need the cap so if I just solder the wires as shown in the photo I provided it should work right? Or maybe you could show me what you're talking about with the missing bead filter. I have a dol-101 with no sp2 or cutout for it

Attachments

• ggg.png
    ggg.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 37

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just read the post where you can solder an adapter and i edited the photo and If i read correctly the guy said you didnt need the cap so if I just solder the wires as shown in the photo I provided it should work right? Or maybe you could show me what you're talking about with the missing bead filter. I have a dol-101 with no sp2 or cutout for it
The cap would be a good idea

ROGsamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve pre made this wire and added a connector on the end for easy disconnection to be able to fully take it apart without it being fully soldered to the chip and motherboard

IMG_0260.jpgIMG_0261.jpg

O_xTanjax_O

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing this to my d101 for the picoboot mod but...I have no idea if this works at all. I have been trying since yesterday and nothing. Confirmed with some firmware that the pico does infact work so it isn't that. Can someone help me out with figuring this out. ;-;

*Figured out a way to do this. I soldered a SD adapter to the Sd2sp2 and it now reads swiss for the picoboot mod :). SUCCESS (so far)

Attachments

• 20220706_211511.jpg
    20220706_211511.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20220706_211050.jpg
    20220706_211050.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 20220706_211502.jpg
    20220706_211502.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited by O_xTanjax_O,

_MegaMan_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried doing this to my d101 for the picoboot mod but...I have no idea if this works at all. I have been trying since yesterday and nothing. Confirmed with some firmware that the pico does infact work so it isn't that. Can someone help me out with figuring this out. ;-;

*Figured out a way to do this. I soldered a SD adapter to the Sd2sp2 and it now reads swiss for the picoboot mod :). SUCCESS (so far)
I'm trying the method from this thread also, but I don't have that red sds2p2 you showed. It seems like Pico Doesn't notice it if its just the regular microSD adaptor with a 64GB microSD card with swiss on it. The gamecube boots up for me but stays on a black screen with the pico installed. I think the pico can only work with actual sd2sp2 like yours.

When you first tried to boot pico with regualr adapter like the one in this thread, did your GC turn on and stay on with a black screen too? Also, how has the your pico been working with the alternate way your using the the sd2sp2, had any issues so far?

Solo761

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm not sure this would work. You're missing two wires from motherboard to SD, CS and INT, while this adapter has CS point it doesn't have connection for INT. Without it SD will work in SPI mode, not in SDIO mode. I think it needs SDIO to communicate with SD card.

Konan1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, what gauge is better for this SP2 Mod? 28 or 30awg? Just got my gamebit in today and GC torn apart, just to realize that my 22awg isn't going to cut it 😅

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: +2