Gaming DivX support?

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it true that the December update includes DivX support?, if so, can I play a movie from a USB Memory Stick?, because I'm sure you can to this on the PS3.
Now, about the limit, I read something saying that the limit is 4G on the 360 and 2G on the PS3, is that true?

Edit: Changed the wording on the "Memory Stick" part.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep you can play Divx files on a 360 using a USB stick after the December update.

You can also use external hdds, files burned to disc, or you can stream them too. I've been streaming alot lately as it saves me having to burn all my stuff to dvd
wink.gif

If you wanaa know the exact specs and limits of media file playback, I suggest you visit the Official video playback FAQ found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/200...ayback-faq.aspx

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep you can play Divx files on a 360 using a USB stick after the December update.

You can also use external hdds, files burned to disc, or you can stream them too. I've been streaming alot lately as it saves me having to burn all my stuff to dvd
wink.gif

If you wanaa know the exact specs and limits of media file playback, I suggest you visit the Official video playback FAQ found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/xboxteam/archive/200...ayback-faq.aspx

Is that for a modded X360?

MiloFoxburr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

wink.gif

Is that for a modded X360?

No, it's an official feature

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I couldn't get any movies to work.
How do you burn the movies to a DVD? Settings. Also I tried running them from an external USB HDD and from an iPod Video, but both aren't recognized.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I watch .avi files (divx-xvid compression) but not .mkv from a data dvd made with nero or from my external hd with a codec update i had to make from xbox live apart from the fall update.
The .srt and .sub external subtitles are not recognised.
Only the burnt subtitles into the movies work.
I hope there will update to support external subtitle files ...

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bad thing is you need to be connected to XBOX Live while watching the movie, otherwise it'll give you an error saying as much.

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Devante,

you only need to connect to Xbox Live originally to download the DivX codec. (this is different from the original firmware update)

after that you can watch it offline.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante,

you only need to connect to Xbox Live originally to download the DivX codec. (this is different from the original firmware update)

I downloaded the codec, but everytime I try to watch a movie when not connected to XBOX Live, it tells me I need to be connected before watching the movie!

I thought you should download the codec and then it wouldn't matter if you were connected or not.
But that's not the case (at least in my situation).

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Devante,

I downloaded the codec, but everytime I try to watch a movie when not connected to XBOX Live, it tells me I need to be connected before watching the movie!

I thought you should download the codec and then it wouldn't matter if you were connected or not.

Really?, that sucks!

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
you should take note of the error code, and google it.

the divX codec is downloadable, unless it gets deleted everytime?

PuddingSenator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devante,

That's probably something you should contact MS support about, I watch DivX/Xvid movies all the time without being connected to Live and I don't have a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr