Divineo ID Scan

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by kobewan, Oct 4, 2006.

Oct 4, 2006

Divineo ID Scan by kobewan at 12:32 PM (1,218 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. kobewan
    OP

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I just ordered a G6 Lite from Divineo to replace my M3 miniSD, and they sent me this email:-

Any idea what this is for? I ordered my M3 miniSD with the same card and the same address/billing address back in May. That order went through without any problem, no asking for ID or anything. You can understand why I would be kind of wary of sending scans of my passport to them. Why would they need a passport to check anything on the card? Has this happened to anybody else?

I realize that people may not like Divineo as an online retailer, but they have the best prices for international shipping so I'm kind of stuck with them.

2. waiwai

Newcomer waiwai Member

Netherlands
    No idea. I have ordered multiple times from them. The last time was around 20 september. Didn't have any troubles, everything arrived safely.

Perhaps your last CC usage was troublesome.. ? Or your homeland has become a high risk for them to accept CC's.

3. kobewan
    OP

Member kobewan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My credit card and billing address are in the US, so I'm pretty sure that's not going to be a problem [​IMG] .

4. Dwaalspoor98

Member Dwaalspoor98 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ordered many times by Divineo (About 10+ times) never had that question. (Last order 2 weeks ago). Maybe because your shipping address is different from your billing address?

5. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Its just a random check that some companys do to protect against fraud. Mainly for insurance purposes to say they do run checks.
    I had it the first time that I bought something from Lik Sang.