Divineo - Can i trust ?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by squall3031, Oct 29, 2006.

Oct 29, 2006

Divineo - Can i trust ? by squall3031 at 12:13 PM (1,510 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. squall3031
    OP

Member squall3031 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hi all,

I'm interested in purchasing gamecube modchip plus the modded gamecube shell from Divineo, but i'm looking for people here with experience buying from Divineo. Tell me, how were they like? their service and everything. As i'm located in Australia, i just don't wanna get disappointed since im gonna be paying alot.

Oh and another thing, i know that their price is in U.S. dollars, and i;ll be paying with australian VISA debit card, but how does the currency work in this case? Will my money be charged in Australian dollars ? like they convert the currency automatically or something ?

Please tell me all ur experience as i'm pretty new in purchasing stuff on the net.

2. archeo

Newcomer archeo Newbie

Australia
    i've bought from divineo.cn, always quick and reliable.
    your cc will be charged in USD. then converted to AUD, rate
    depends on daily exchange rate.

3. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    I've had one reasonable experience with Divineo and one BAD experience.
    The first time I ordered two modchips and two flashcarts. That was a little slow to arrive in Aust and there was no reasonable communication with Divineo via email. They either didn't reply or replied but so poorly that it did not answer my question at all.

The second time I ordered another two flashcarts and some various accessories. I used a VISA debit card for this. The order went through fine and the money was taken from my account. I checked the next day and the money was back in the account... strange enough I thought so I emailed Divineo and informed them and this time received a quick reply telling me everything was fine and my goods will be sent soon.
    The next day the money is again gone from my account and I assume it's all OK. However about a week after that I find my debit account is overdrawn roughly by the same amount as my order, I find out quickly that the account was charged twice!
    I tried to contact Divineo about it and received no replies.
    In the end I had to go through a process with my bank and VISA to get the charge reversed, took about 3 weeks to get sorted.
    Finally got the money back and have not dealt with Divineo again.

If you are looking for a reliable service for a GC chip and replacement case I can recommend AceGameStore they are located in Australia and I have used them twice in the past for GC chips and cases. No problems and very fast delivery.
    I think they only have silver replacement cases now but they are the nice quality ones.

For my own cube I got a QOOB chip from AceGameStore and a replacment case from Quantronics who are also Australian. I had a terrible time with Quantronics though. They sent me the wrong replacement case and it was damaged. They did get me the right case sent out but they procrastinated so much about sending it before they finally did.

So if you can put up with a silver GC case (or are handy with paint [​IMG] ) then I say Ace is the way to go.

Good luck whatever you do!

4. Dwaalspoor98

Member Dwaalspoor98 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I've ordered about 8 times by Divineo (China) never had any real problems (Just order things they have in stock [​IMG]). Always payed with master card, and always got replies (sometimes a little vague) to all of my mails.

Shipping was most of the time 4 business days from China to Holland.

5. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Divineo sucks, look at the reviews at resellerratings.com, they are one of the worst. They lie about what they have in stock, take your money before even shipping, have poor communications, and sometimes never ship! A real scam.

6. jon_jon

Member jon_jon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can't generalize divineo in general. Each of their locations in their respective countries are independently owned and operated.

I've ordered from divineo.cn and they responded to emails quickly in good english and their shipment was fast.

7. Calogero91

Member Calogero91 Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.

Canada
    The American/Canadian site, is horrible. Horrible service I even had to cancel my order for the G6 a while ago. The chinese site is great incredibly fast shipping and overall great service.

8. squall3031
    OP

Member squall3031 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    is the price on the chinese site the same as the american ones?

9. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    Often it's cheaper.

10. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    divineo gud, got m3 with free shippin