OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
final-fantasy-dissidia-200806260213.jpg
dissidiauniversal.jpg

QUOTE said:
Those of you familiar with Square Enix are likely also familiar with their “International” and “Final Mix” versions of their games, porting the improved US versions of their games back to Japan with more extras. Well, Dissidia’s joining the fray.

As I’ve reported on previously here on OLC, the English version of Dissidia: Final Fantasy includes a host of upgrades, balance tweaks, and new bonus features to help the game blend better with Western audiences. But Square couldn’t possibly leave all that great new content in the US, could they? Of course not. Announced via this week’s issue of Shonen Jump magazine, Dissidia: Universal Tuning is Japan’s version of the US version of Dissidia, featuring English voice acting, all of the balance tweaks and upgrades added to the English version due out next week, as well as the Arcade mode and . While nothing further is set in stone as of yet, the Final Mix versions of producer Tetsuya Nomura’s games often include a trailer for the next game in the series as unlockable bonus content.

Dissidia: Universal Tuning will launch in Japan on November 1st, a month after the PSPgo hits stores. Because of this, the game will be available both as a downloadable title and on UMD disc; early adopters and importers won’t be too screwed over, though, as their saves from the initial Japanese release will in fact be compatible with Universal Tuning. One piece of advice though, Square; it’s not exactly cool to announce a Japan-only “superior version” of one of your games the week before it launches in the US. It tends to annoy people.

News Source: OneLastContinue

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
See, this is why I really hate Square. I bet this one will have more stuff than the US version, in which they usually do.

This is where Square Enix will come in and say, hey, why don't we release a new version for the US where its basically an import of the Japanese version which was a remix of the first since the US has an "updated" one.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But it's not a "Japan-only superior version", it's trying to catch Japan up to the one we're receiving.

But making it a seperate game is stupid, when Dissidia features an install feature. Why not make it downloadable to a memory card as a patch/mod/update? Or at least give everybody a free download of the new version if they register their original UMD copy.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ChaosBoi said:
See, this is why I really hate Square. I bet this one will have more stuff than the US version, in which they usually do.
And then the west will get a Remix Version, which will result in Japan getting the Remix of the Remix...
unsure.gif

The game looks good. Looks like Dragonball with more Strategie.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DemonicChocobo said:
asdf said:
gokujr1000 said:
awesome a dissidia sequel already!
Nope. A remixed version. Just all of the stuff the American version gets and more.
He's probably talking about the "trailer for the next game in the series"
They're just assuming. Most of Square Enix's "Final Mix" games include a trailer of the next game after you beat the game but that doesn't go for all games. If they do make a sequel, we probably won't see it till 2011 since Dissidia was announced in 2007 and thats if they work on it before 2009 is over.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looking at gamefaqs, it doesn't sound like they changed much. A bunch of people are griping that their favorite character doesn't have some cheap attack any more, but I can't find any new content other than the obvious arcade mode. Don't see where that would merit rebuying the entire game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.