Gaming Dissidia: Final Fantasy

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked around and Dissidia: Final Fantasy got about the same ratings (a little less maybe) as Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII but it doesn't have the same hype as crisis core (aka everyone has crisi core on their MS). Is it a bad game or just not a super as Crisis Core?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It's better than Crisis Core. The FFVII fanboys just shout louder....

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
It's better than Crisis Core. The FFVII fanboys just shout louder....
You Sir Are Wrong,Crisis Core Is Better
lecture.gif

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it is better. If Dissidia wasn't final fantasy people would say it sucked. It has a crappy story mode and bad character balance. After the novelty of I'm playing as a final fantasy character wore off I quit playing the game completely. Crisis core isn't much better and I'm not going to play it again but it kept me entertained longer. Also I've never played ff7.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
purplesludge said:
I don't think it is better. If Dissidia wasn't final fantasy people would say it sucked. It has a crappy story mode and bad character balance. After the novelty of I'm playing as a final fantasy character wore off I quit playing the game completely. Crisis core isn't much better and I'm not going to play it again but it kept me entertained longer. Also I've never played ff7.

I agree.. Cloud clearly could beat anyone with his smashin' technique and his over-powered ex burst

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's an entire game of fanservice. And not the tits kind, the "Hey, here's that character from a game 10 years ago you really liked, it's got updated art and voices and shit too!" kind. It's a unique battle system, too. No button mashing in this fighter, no sir.

The storyline's... really. Um. Guh. Eh. Meh.

But the game itself is wicked.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm a final fantasy IX fanboy and i'd have to say Crisis Core is MUCH better than Dissidia. i thought the battle system in Dissidia was pretty lame and found the story lacking.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really dont think you can compare the two -_- crisis core is an action rpg and dissida is a fighting game the gameplay mechanics are completely different, and the story line for a fighting game isnt gonna be bigger than sliced bread

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not sure if you can really call Dissidia a fighting game. when i hear "fighting game" i think street fighter or soul calibur, games that have more than 4 moves in them.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Old8oy said:
i'm not sure if you can really call Dissidia a fighting game. when i hear "fighting game" i think street fighter or soul calibur, games that have more than 4 moves in them.
pretty sure there's more than that for each character.
there are 3 attack types, the ones that deal damage to strength, those that deal damage to health, and special attacks.
each has atleast 1, often 2 different attacks for in the air, and for on the ground.
to use the different attacks you need to be "moving" away, or towards an opponent.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
30084pm said:
I agree.. Cloud clearly could beat anyone with his smashin' technique and his over-powered ex burst
Except Cloud is actually really weak, you'd know that if you'd played the game more than 30 minutes. Character balance is completely lost once you figure out how to play effectively with each char.

I am not a Final Fantasy Fanboy myself, but this game changed my mind. It's not the usual fighter where all they do is hit each other with no grace, no nothing. In Dissidia, everything is stylish, there are so many beautiful moves, and every combat looks pretty damn epic, if you know how to play.

Story sucked though. Blah blah crystals blah blah everyone learns something blah blah we fight together blah blah die Chaos die blah blah 2 secret character unlocking storylines with no sense whatsoever blah blah different dimension where evil never lost blah blah the great will is WHO?....and that was it. Not something I would expect from a Final Fantasy game, but hey, it's better than the storylines in any fighting game like Street Fighter or Soul Calibur.

Crisis Core was only good due to its connection with FF7. Imagine FF7 never existed and the whole story makes no sense whatsoever. I don't like spin-off games that require you to know everything from the main game by heart in order to understand it. The combat system was cool though, a bit hard to work with, but not bad at all.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Cloud was meh...he's a basic entry level average character who seems ok to start because you're new but outside of Ex Mode he gets totally pwnt.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so there both good games but have different styles to them so one person mite favor one more than the other?

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Exactly. CC focuses on story, adding whatever is missing from the FF7 storyline, while Dissidia focuses on gameplay, letting heroes and villains battle 1v1.

@ xist - Yes, learn to block his Brave attacks = Cloud forced to spam Braver = huge opportunity for punishing. But I still love to play him with an Ex Mode build, where you get into Ex Mode in, like, 1 connected attack, then abuse attack properties (gained HP priority

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there