Dissidia Duodecim: Adds Assist Attacks

tommyt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
image_thumb288.png

See the orange gauge below Lightning’s life meter? That’s a “memori”. Press L + O to call out a partner character for a brave damaging attack. If you have two bars you can dish out a HP damaging attack with L + square. The assist system is one of the new features in Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy.

Newcomer Lightning has a unique set of commands, paradigm shifts borrowed from the Final Fantasy XIII battle system. Players can switch between commando (attacker), ravager (blaster), and medic (healer) by pressing L+R. Paradigm shifts change Lightning’s brave attacks. For example, her ground attack (circle button) is smash upper as a commando, thundaga as a ravager, and cura as a healer. Lightning brings moves like ruinga, area blast, impact rush, fire, watera, and aerora to the fight. Seems like Lightning is going to be a versatile contender in Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy.

Kain comes battle ready with brave attacks such as cyclone, crash dive, and spiral blow. His HP damaging attacks include: jump, gungir, dragon fang, and sky grander. Kain’s EX move is dragon sword, an attack that absorbs damage as life.
dissidia012_howto_thumb.jpg
dissidia012_list_thumb.jpg

Source

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
tommyt said:
QUOTE said:
Newcomer Lightning has a unique set of commands, paradigm shifts borrowed from the Final Fantasy XIII battle system. Players can switch between commando (attacker), ravager (blaster), and medic (healer) by pressing L+R. Paradigm shifts change Lightning’s brave attacks. For example, her ground attack (circle button) is smash upper as a commando, thundaga as a ravager, and cura as a healer. Lightning brings moves like ruinga, area blast, impact rush, fire, watera, and aerora to the fight. Seems like Lightning is going to be a versatile contender in Dissidia Duodecim: Final Fantasy.
So we can just keep pressing auto to fight like in FFXIII?
Grrrrrreat.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
prowler_ said:
tommyt said:
QUOTE said:
So we can just keep pressing auto to fight like in FFXIII?
Grrrrrreat.
It's not like you could auto-battle ALL the time
dry.gif
So I was looking at this video:

ARE THOSE NEW CHARACTERS I SEE FROM 0:19 ONWARDS?
I'm not sure if the guy in blue armor is Kain in his FFIV:TAY armor or a new character.
Then there's some blonde girl, I think?
The rest I can't really make out.
EDIT: On second thought I think they may be new costumes, but I'm still not sure.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
found this a different forum

QUOTE said:
The first few details on Square Enix's Dissidia Final Fantasy sequel have leaked out from Famitsu.

The game will feature the "Assist System," which will allow you to call out allies onto the battle field. This could result in four characters combatting simultaneously for periods.

Lightning will carry over some of her FFXIII characteristics. Using L and R, you can make her switch off between Attacker, Blaster and Healer jobs.
The magazine also reveals some voice actor details. Kain will be voiced by Koichi Yamadera. Returning from the original as narrator will be Bunta Sugawara.

A few more bits about Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy something-or-other courtesy of Famitsu.
Jump previously confirmed Kain and Lightning for the game. There will be more characters than just this -- a lot more. The new character count will be beyond the level of 3 or 4 characters.

Famitsu confirms that all the characters from the original will return. All the maps from the original will also return.
Updates for the current crew include a 3P color. The game will also have new summons.
In the previous leaked info below, there was mention of an Assist Mode where you can call out an allied character into battle, resulting in four characters fighting for brief moments. It does not look like the game will have four player support.

During Assist Mode, you can issue commands to your ally. Pressing Down + L and Circle depletes your assist gauge by 1 and makes the ally do a Brave attack. L plus Square depletes your assist gauge by 2 and makes the ally do an HP attack.
Square Enix is keeping details on the game's story mode under wraps right now. It appears that the 012 in the name has something to do with the story, but it would be a spoiler to get specific.

Some of the new gameplay systems are also being kept under wraps at present. One of these systems is said to be as big as surechigai/tag mode, but different. Some of the game's secrets may come to light for those who play the game's Tokyo Game Show
Regarding music, we can expect a whole lot more background music this time around. Nomura also appears anxious to include the original Famicom chip tunes in the game.
The wait to play the Dissidia sequel in final form will not be too long, Nomura also confirmed.

to summarize it all:

+ Lightning is able to switch Paradigms with L and R.
+ She is able to use the Command, Ravager, and Medic roles.
+ The soundtrack is double the size of the previous Dissidia.
+ There will be a four-character Assist System; two players use two characters each.
+ Funda Sugawara will be narrarating the Japanese version.
+ Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV will be voiced by Koichi Yamadera. (Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop)
+ Every character in the original Dissidia will return.
+ Your saved data from Dissidia: Final Fantasy will carry over, but Nomura wouldn’t divulge details.

+ There will be many new characters, not just three or four.
+ The game’s Story Mode will be different from it’s predecessor, currently it’s top-secret.
+ The orange bars below the character’s health bar pertain to Assist System.
+ Pressing ?L+? will execute a Brave Assist attack, and consume one segment of the orange Assist bars.
+ Pressing L+? will execute a HP Assist attack, and consume two segments of the orange Assist bars.
+ Nomura hints at adding more original NES music into the game.
+ All the maps from the original game will return.
+ There will be new Summons.
+ The ’012? in Duodecim’s title pertains to a specific and important story element.
+ Nomura says that the final build of the game will be playable “soon”.
+ The playable build at TGS will include new features that may impress fans.
+ All current characters and new characters will have a third alternate look.
+ Lightning’s Healer paradigm was designed to heal Brave points, and recovers a small amount upon use.
+ Some of the characters in Dissidia are changed almost entirely in battle. Firion is an example.
+ The team wants you to enjoy the third alternate outfits for characters, especially Garland.
+ Weapons and armor have been re-balanced, and will include bonuses to the Assist System.
+ There are many new maps that include locations from the franchise, but new ones as well.
+ Orphan’s Cradle from Final Fantasy XIII will be a map.
+ The battle theme from Final Fantasy XIII is in, and will be remixed by Takeharu Ishimoto.
+ Kain Highwind’s moniker is “Position Maker”, and he is able cancel and connect aerial Brave combos.
+ Kain’s battle style will naturally have the player doing a lot of jumping and moving over terrain.
+ Lightning’s moniker is “Optima Commander” as she makes use of three different battle styles.
+ Lightning is able to use Scene Break/Army of One in EX-Mode.
+ Her Ex-Bust involves summoning Odin and entering Gestalt Mode.
+ The TGS demo will have three difficulty modes: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
+ Popular characters with a good direction of how to implement them in battle are chosen for Dissidia.
+ Kain and Lightning will have and alternate form based on Yo****aka Amano’s artwork.
+ Kain has a HP attack called “Gungnir” that will strike his opponent and restore his HP.
+ In a conversation with Cecil, Kain says that “They are right, and you will lose this battle when you tire.”
+ Lightning is called a traitor by the Warrior of Light, as she looks upon Cosmos with scrutiny.
+ She has an attack named “Impact Break” in her Commando paradigm.
+ After completing Universal Tuning, Nomura and Takahashi expressed interest in expanding Dissidia further, and Duodecim was greenlit.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Aya Brea is in the game
k6WG4.png

Just kidding!
Lightning has a costume that makes her look like Aya, you get it when you buy The 3rd Birthday, which comes out on 12/22.
You also get a code when you purchase Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, which you can use to unlock KH Cloud.
gL7Wt.png

Also, a Kain gameplay video:

Oh and Tifa is in the game.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Assist attacks are becoming more prominent in fighting games.
ohmy.gif

ALSO TIFA IS IN THE GAME?? *nerdgasm levels over 100000000*
Oh and "Dissidia Duodecim: Adds Ass" on the latest discussion box... LIAR WHERE IS THE ASS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol