Dissapearing saves?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by fluffy ape, Dec 16, 2006.

1. fluffy ape
    OP

fluffy ape Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Help! Somehow mu G6 sometimes decides to erase my saves??
    For example.
    Playing EBA I was at the chearleaders level. Then when I started it I had to start from the beginning again. Quite annoying. Same goes for Animal Crossing. All of a sudden all my progress was gone.

Anyone with the same problem?

2. astromantic

astromantic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2006
    Canada
    Thornhill, Ontario
    Chances are the battery in your G6 is dead.
    I haven't opened my g6 yet so i'm not sure what battery it takes but they're usually the kind you find in calculators and electronic dayplanners. You can find a replacement at any electronic store.
    P.S. I've heard that the batteries they put in carts recharge while you play and should last 6 years just siting there. So you could have gotten a defective battery.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I think my battery is dead too, I can only save if I switch on really fast after swith off, and sometime the save is corruped.
    If I wait 1 second before witching on, the G6 don't even detect a save to write (the processing message).

The only way I have now is the Soft reset as it write the save when reseting the G6.
    You will have to use that too.

4. slayerspud

slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2006
    Leave it in the burner overnight. Apparently the battery is meant to charge through it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice