Dissapearing saves?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by fluffy ape, Dec 16, 2006.

Dec 16, 2006

Dissapearing saves? by fluffy ape at 7:31 PM (652 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. fluffy ape
    OP

Newcomer fluffy ape Newbie

Netherlands
    Help! Somehow mu G6 sometimes decides to erase my saves??
    For example.
    Playing EBA I was at the chearleaders level. Then when I started it I had to start from the beginning again. Quite annoying. Same goes for Animal Crossing. All of a sudden all my progress was gone.

Anyone with the same problem?

2. astromantic

Newcomer astromantic Advanced Member

Canada
    Chances are the battery in your G6 is dead.
    I haven't opened my g6 yet so i'm not sure what battery it takes but they're usually the kind you find in calculators and electronic dayplanners. You can find a replacement at any electronic store.
    P.S. I've heard that the batteries they put in carts recharge while you play and should last 6 years just siting there. So you could have gotten a defective battery.

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I think my battery is dead too, I can only save if I switch on really fast after swith off, and sometime the save is corruped.
    If I wait 1 second before witching on, the G6 don't even detect a save to write (the processing message).

The only way I have now is the Soft reset as it write the save when reseting the G6.
    You will have to use that too.

4. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Leave it in the burner overnight. Apparently the battery is meant to charge through it.