Displeased with people making accounts

nitrostemp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish to make this topic about the amount of people who join gbatemp only to not search and post topics about how they "think the wii is bricked" or "i cant seem to figure out how to use a usb loader" or "can you link me some wearz".
only to give little detail about their issue and not respect the help they receive from our helpful members.
and hopefully the admins can sort out the mass of users that keep popping up only to not use their account again.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I hate that. You know what else I hate? People making pointless threads bitching about noobs, like they're the first ones that thought of posting about it. I don't mean to be rude, but this thread really isn't any better than the threads it's complaining about.

nitrostemp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
that is an exilent point, now to make another pointless topic about how i hate people who bitch about noob.
but that aside they admins can do somthing about this issue for one, a new use should not be allowed to make topics as soon as they sign up, they should have a warning of sorts for new users like "did you sign up because your having problems with your console, if so please use our search function to find the solution before jumping into making threads"

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
nitrostemp said:
that is an excellent point, now to make another pointless topic about how i hate people who bitch about noob.
but that aside they admins can do something about this issue for one, a new use should not be allowed to make topics as soon as they sign up, they should have a warning of sorts for new users like "did you sign up because your having problems with your console, if so please use our search function to find the solution before jumping into making threads"

lolwhy? They will still be ignored.

nitrostemp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm pretty sure it would save the server that has to do all the work, with all the pages created by users who don't try searching. I'm sure the server doesn't have unlimited hard drive space and lifetime.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
nitrostemp said:
i'm pretty sure it would save the server that has to do all the work, with all the pages created by users who don't try searching. I'm sure the server doesn't have unlimited hard drive space and lifetime.

That's why old threads get archived.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nitrostemp said:
onto floppy disks!?
Your retarded

Onto DVDs ofcourse!
lecture.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Glad to see you took me up on my suggestion!! It is a bit incosiderate when people just fuck off and don't thank the posters. Maybe GBATemp should add a 'Thanks' button when a new topic is opened. If the OP doesn't click it after a) abandoning the topic or b) solving the prob, then they get a warning? Some form of time limit for an inactive topic would have to be imposed though for it to work.

Or have I taken this a bit too seriously?

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
The biggest problem with this forum is the group of people that the OP is from.
Little bitches.

People who only make one-post accounts won't go away, even if some sort of buggy system is implemented.
Deal with it, or get lost.
kthx.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Turtle said:
The biggest problem with this forum is the group of people that the OP is from.
Little bitches.

People who only make one-post accounts won't go away, even if some sort of buggy system is implemented.
Deal with it, or get lost.
kthx.
I lol'd

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bazamuffin said:
Glad to see you took me up on my suggestion!! It is a bit incosiderate when people just fuck off and don't thank the posters. Maybe GBATemp should add a 'Thanks' button when a new topic is opened. If the OP doesn't click it after a) abandoning the topic or b) solving the prob, then they get a warning? Some form of time limit for an inactive topic would have to be imposed though for it to work.
Why would someone have to click the thanks button for his own topic?
huh.gif

Or am I understanding it the wrong way?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
People/noobs come here as they see tempers as game guru's, and their problems will be solved quickly here by the amount of experience that the members here have.

If members here are prepared to help the noobs (for want of a better word), so what?

As for me I probably will never create a tropic asking for assistance as I always do my own research, whether i find it here or elsewhere.

I became a member here after months of lurking and finding solutions to my problems, so if i can give a little back so be it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oi, I can set my watch on how many times I see "I bricked my Wii" on that side bar. They are more annoying and common than the spambots.
Edit: I am never around the wii section (I find videos are easier to fallow when coming down to messing with the wii) But still they annoy me.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
i was gonna post

"There's nothing you can do about it"

but then i thought, there's nothing i can do about this either.

nitrostemp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just had an amazing idea how about a user has to undergo a lengthy (1-2 page) test to prove how they are going to behave on the forums, this will make spambot and nublets alike less likely to post without thinking

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?