Disney to buy 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion

IMG_5979.JPG

In what appears to be a huge power play for Disney, it seems that they'll be buying out the 21st Century Fox division. The media giant is attempting to bolster its repertoire in order to offer more content when the company gets its own streaming service, to compete with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Disney now owns the rights to certain properties like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Deadpool, Modern Family, Sky TV, X-Men, and the one Star Wars movie that Disney didn't already have in its arsenal; the first Star Wars movie. They'll also get access to Fox's 30% shares of streaming service Hulu, which means coupled with the shares that Disney already owned, they now have 60% stake in Hulu, with the remaining 40% tied to Comcast and Time Warner. While Fox's Rupert Murdoch and Disney's Bob Iger both endorse the deal, it won't be signed and sealed until it passes through the US Government. This does not spell the end for Fox, however, as they will be keeping parts of their empire, such as Fox Sports 1+2, Fox News, and Fox Business Network.

Though it's more speculation than anything, perhaps due to having Disney own some of these franchises, we might see new games created with these IPs, or maybe even remasters of older games, as Disney is no newcomer to allowing their properties to be involved in some beloved games.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only good thing I can think of this deal is marvel studios finally having the rights to the x men. An avengers and X-Men crossover would be pretty awesome if they did it. Other than that I hope they let the tv division do its own thing and don't interfere with it, as I watch quite a few fox shows (mainly Gotham, family Guy, and the Orville).

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just what everyone wanted, Disney to pull a Comcast. I don't see this as a good thing, they'll be too powerful lol.

This is media though so how much damage could they do? ISPs on the other hand get bigger so they have less competition for selling the internet 'utility' and they can easily sue and stall any new ISPs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expect nothing but musical episodes of the Simpsons, Family Guy, Star Wars, X man and whatever belonged to Fox n such.

Fucking Disney.

Simpsons has been shit since season 11 though, how can it get any worse than it already is?

Disney can fuck a cactus.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Simpsons has been shit since season 11 though, how can it get any worse than it already is?

Disney can fuck a cactus.

By being a musical, like pretty much every Disney film that has been released since '10 ;')

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By being a musical, like pretty much every Disney film that has been released since '10 ;')

I still stand by the Simpsons not having anything remotely unique or funny since since 11/12, after that, and all the good writers left, the show just plain and simply sucked ass. Disney taking over is just gonna screw it over.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the latest star wars weren't bad. episode 7 and rogue one were better than episodes 1, 2, and 3

Never liked star wars.
Didn't liked the 80's ones, didn't like the new ones.
Don't care much about all of them.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I still stand by the Simpsons not having anything remotely unique or funny since since 11/12, after that, and all the good writers left, the show just plain and simply sucked ass. Disney taking over is just gonna screw it over.
Maybe they can do it better. SW got better with Disney (and I was one of those who didn't liked the idea)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Disney has been doing that for a lot longer than that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First NN repeals and now Disney does this, what kind of shithole planet is this?
One where people find any reason to complain?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: