Disney to buy 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion

IMG_5979.JPG

In what appears to be a huge power play for Disney, it seems that they'll be buying out the 21st Century Fox division. The media giant is attempting to bolster its repertoire in order to offer more content when the company gets its own streaming service, to compete with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Disney now owns the rights to certain properties like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Deadpool, Modern Family, Sky TV, X-Men, and the one Star Wars movie that Disney didn't already have in its arsenal; the first Star Wars movie. They'll also get access to Fox's 30% shares of streaming service Hulu, which means coupled with the shares that Disney already owned, they now have 60% stake in Hulu, with the remaining 40% tied to Comcast and Time Warner. While Fox's Rupert Murdoch and Disney's Bob Iger both endorse the deal, it won't be signed and sealed until it passes through the US Government. This does not spell the end for Fox, however, as they will be keeping parts of their empire, such as Fox Sports 1+2, Fox News, and Fox Business Network.

Though it's more speculation than anything, perhaps due to having Disney own some of these franchises, we might see new games created with these IPs, or maybe even remasters of older games, as Disney is no newcomer to allowing their properties to be involved in some beloved games.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disney's too powerful with their monopolistic bullshit, and being headquartered in California, a very liberal state, divisions of Fox/News Corp, notably the news portion, will be royally fucked over. So yeah, options for conservative news is down the toilet I would think. And Disney, eh, not a fan of any of their recent CG movies at all.

I can totally see any option for conservative new outlets being replaced by something that people will be forced to watch.
People get their news from Fox?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: MartinDocNewland
D

Deleted User

First NN repeals and now Disney does this, what kind of shithole planet is this?
Welcome to 2017, my dude: the long-awaited sequel to 2016.

ruin family guy
not buy Kingdom Hearts 3.
I mean, how can you really ruin Family Guy at this point tbh

---

While X-Men, The Phantom Menace, and Family Guy are all big issues, I think we're all forgetting the most important part of this deal.

Disney's gonna own Fox News.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
People are supposed to get all their news from liberal sources even if they don't have liberal democratic beliefs? CNN? MSNBC? Fuck that.

Still overused lol

I know, but still gets a responce lol

The only thing that pisses me off about this is Bob's Burgers. Hope it don't turn out to be Disney Burgers.

Questions: Does the USA have a law on companies bying out others and monopolization?

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reactions: rileysrjay

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Not awesome. I just thought it would be amusing for Fox News to suddenly turn very liberal.

Besides, they already own ABC, so they can just use that, I guess.

We have enough liberal news stations, we don't need more.
who cares about it being liberal? we could have mickey reporting! Donald doing the weather!

/s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1