Disney to acquire LucasFilm - Star Wars Episode 7 is coming 2015

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems Hadrian and I share more in common with regards to pop culture than other threads would have led us to believe so I shall echo his post.

I came here do two things though

I came here to remind people that disney own/operate touchstone pictures ( http://www.imdb.com/company/co0049348/ ), indeed many have argued that Disney itself is just a carefully cultivated brand which releases "family friendly" films under that and kicks various other films to the appropriate company. I shall have to try to dig up one of the financial reports that delved into that as it was actually quite interesting as far as financial accounting goes.

I came here to state my hope that they also revive the games divisions of each company a bit- nobody needs reminding that lucasarts were once a leading light, a few more might need reminding that Disney were also spectacular in their day (check out their 8 and 16 bit platformers if you need some evidence for that statement). Granted I guess these days they have that epic mickey and kingdom hearts stuff although I would hold that those will not age a fraction as well as the 8 and 16 bit era stuff.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would Episode VII even be about? That's my concern. I guess if they wanted they could make movies out of the Young Jedi Knight series?

Luke finds a Buster Lightsaber and joins forces with some weird group from Hoth calling themselves "Avalance" and then take down the empire and stop a huge meteorite from destroying the planet.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would Episode VII even be about? That's my concern. I guess if they wanted they could make movies out of the Young Jedi Knight series?

Luke finds a Buster Lightsaber and joins forces with some weird group from Hoth calling themselves "Avalance" and then take down the empire and stop a huge meteorite from destroying the planet.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool! Chewbacca in the new Kindong Hearts game
star-wars-episode-7-announced-as-disney-acquires-lucasfilm-01.jpg

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been burned by Star Wars many times before, so here are some basic rules for you to follow, Disney.
1) If you insult the intelligence of the fans by having the 'comic relief' be yet more obvious 'jokes' from C3PO (this is such a drag, and so on), or include Jar Jar Binks or anything similar in any way, I shall personally hurl all of you into a trash compactor. And no droid friends on the outside to help you this time. You're gonna get tentacle f%$ked like a hentai chick then crushed into powder. The original trilogy had Han Solo, that sarcasm was funny for kids but he had more depth than a simple comic relief character. That's how you tell a story, with characters that aren't one-trick-ponies.

2) Flashy special effects do not a film make. Never forget that. God knows a lot of the world has recently.

3) Leave the truly absurd ideas for crappy teen fanfics. Luke doesn't go door to door trying to recruit Jedi as a Kenobi's Witness, there are no angsty school scenes, and so help me God if there is a musical scene anywhere in any Star Wars film I'm gonna fucking Force Choke you. Let's see you sing with blocked airways, bitches.

4) Just because the actor is some pretty boy who looks good on the posters the teen girls will be fapping to, it doesn't give him any right to desecrate the films with acting on par with a dead slug sliding down a window being passed off as alive because it's still moving. Again, refer to the original trilogy. Han Solo vs Anakin Skywalker. No fucking contest.

5) If you absolutely MUST have stupid moments in there for fans to spot, make it like the cantina scene. The alien with the see-through head, and so on. Have Donald, Goofy and Sora visible in the background just for a few frames of the movie, blink and you'll miss it stuff. Don't do a Pokemon and thrust it right in our faces all the damn time (think about how many NPC's in pokemon only talk about how great pokemon is).

6) Don't do what Final Fantasy did. At this point in a series, you owe it to the fans to give them what they want. This is not the time to break from what works, get lazy, or fuck it up in any other regard. Listen to the fans. They know what makes a good Star Wars film. Well, some of them do. Some of them are just trolls, refer to previous comments about crappy teen fanfics for details. But seriously, stick with what made the original trilogy work. It's widely accepted that the prequels licked balls compared to the originals.

7) And finally, to reiterate as it's jolly fucking important, NO JAR JAR BINKS. So help me, if I have to sit through another racial stereotype that adds damn near nothing to the plot, has few lines or actions of consequence, and was added in only as comic relief when they're far from funny, I shall dedicate the rest of my life to the research of laser technology so that one day I can build a real lightsaber, simply so I hack your bollocks off with it.

A bit long, but follow those basic guidelines and I think you may just stand a chance. But don't forget, Disney. We're watching you. And we don't take kindly to disappointing Star Wars films around here.

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country
IMO I'm fine with 6 movies. If you start making too many they'll just get boring, even if the company who made it was bought out by another company.
However, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in the next episode at all. I haven't read a single Star Wars comic or book but I hope the plot will be original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.