1. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Mexico
    I think this video is also worth mentioning:

2. MaverickWellington

United States
    I mean, I get what he's saying here, but you can't really undo years of oppression and abuse tied to a word -- which is what gives it power, not people being offended by it -- by just going "lol don't be offended."

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Even if it is a purely self serving video (never heard of the guy so have no context for it beyond this thread) I am going to have to say it never the less details the problems with the "I want to be offended/outraged" set which here seem to be being dubbed the joke police.

dAVID_ likes this.
  4. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    Except that's genuinely not what's happening here, this is straight-up intentional character assassination masquerading as the "joke police" issue

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh... wow, ok. I really, genuinely hope that Disney gets its shit together and re-hires Gunn, because that would be an absolutely tragic loss if not corrected

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    It might have started as a false flag of sorts but it was done in a world promoted by the joke police and seemingly perpetuated by them. I'll stand by the earlier remark.

6. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It was mostly right-leaning outrage that sparked the issue because Roseanne Barr was fired for offensive tweets so there was a lot of push from that. Personally I think neither should have been fired. Society keeps pushing itself to where we can't even say anything. I just learned today about a Nascar guy that was fired because his dad said the n-word thirty years ago. Before said nascar driver was even born. That's scary. Like dictator scary.. :(

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Turns out Disney did not fire him, mostly just benched him for a while, by most accounts never seriously looked for a replacement and now he is back in.
    Obviously I would have preferred it for Disney to walk away with both middle fingers raised to permanently offended, and still don't consider anything he did in any way troubling (other than "apologising" for it but he can do him if he wants), but still a bit amusing to see.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47577507

8. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

United States
    Wow, I can't believe that sicko still has a place in Hollywood and it's like nothing ever happened

9. dAVID_
    This message by dAVID_ has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Mar 17, 2019, Reason: Not image board.
    Mar 17, 2019 Show
  10. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Okay... Please inform me what he did, exactly.

All I got from the OP were a bunch of stupid tweets. Sure, if they were aimed at you personally I can see why you have this opinion, but if we were to banish everyone who sends out offensive tweets, I would suggest replacing a certain someone else first.

Memoir and x65943 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ‘Guardians, pedophilia, Galaxy’