Disney Epic Mickey Intro cutscene

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by granville, Aug 16, 2010.

Aug 16, 2010
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The entire introduction cutscene for the new Wii game Disney Epic Mickey has been posted online for everyone to behold. Rejoice in classic Disney nostalgia, for i feel we're in for a treat!

Warren Spector is hard at work on his amazing project for Nintendo Wii- Disney Epic Mickey. A love letter to classic Disney and Mickey fans, you play as Mickey Mouse. He accidentally gets ahold of sorcerer Yen Sid's magic paint and creates a villain called the Phantom Blot in an act of mischief. He hastily tries to hide the mess as Yen Sid returns from his rest. The phantom takes over Wasteland, a place for old forgotten Disney characters to live in peace. Many years pass with Mickey forgetting his action, until he is sucked into the Wasteland by the Phantom Blot and goes on a journey to save it from evil.

Epic Mickey is a very nostalgic platformer. You'll find many familiar (and forgotten) old characters from Disney's past. You'll also play with paint and thinner to create or erase parts of the world you explore. Has elements of RPG's and action games as well. Look for Epic Mickey this holiday for Nintendo Wii! [/p]
    Being a Disney fan myself (classic Disney cartoons are awesome), i'm heavily anticipating this game personally. It looks like an excellent game, the likes of which i've not seen in a Mickey game since the Genesis or SNES era. Castle of Illusion and the sequels were great fun, as were the Magical Quest games. This particular game looks to recapture the magic of Mickey Mouse games.

Source- IGN Wii

2. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    wow, looks great.

i'm gonna mess up the game with thinner and paint as i play when it gets released

3. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    That far exceeded my expectations.
    I was expecting something cutesy and soft. I got classic Disney: an awesome, almost dark, story with a flawed hero undoing what he's done.

I really want to play this. I simply must know what happens to Mickey, the world, and the brush.

4. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Is this even disney anymore [​IMG] It looks SO EPIC

5. JackDeeEss

Member JackDeeEss GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't really like Disney.
    but this game looks awesome sauce.

6. granville
    OP

United States
    Well if you followed the first concept art that popped up when the game was first announced, you'd have known how un-cutsey and badass this was going to be. It has a kind of noir look to it, dark and brooding. And I absolutely LOVE it! [​IMG]

7. Eighteen

Member Eighteen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Awww Mickey is soo cute in this movie.
    Didn't know he could be such a cute little rascal (#^^) trying to paint something nice, but sucks so much at painting that he creates a monster that destroys all in its path haha [​IMG] .

I think this game will be fun.

8. Revolution [9]

Member Revolution [9] GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OMG this game looks so awesome. First game I'm excited for on the Wii since Brawl and Beatles Rock Band. Hell, I might even buy it without trying it out.

9. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    I was already sold before this so this only added to my anticipation. I'm a classic disney fan as well and there should be so much that call back to us. ie already seen so much proof of this in the video alone.

10. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OH MY GOD i wasn't that excited till this! the animation is actually good!! that bodes very well...

11. Randamin

Member Randamin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lts good to see that disney is continuing the mickey saga
    since I remember playing Mickey Magical Mirror and this
    looks worth buying

12. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    This is what I'm talking about! Granted all those Disney games never had this kind of effect before (KH's don't count because it was a team effort with SE and Disney) The last Disney game I have ever played was Mickey Speedway on the N64.

13. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    This looks pretty awesome !!!! [​IMG]

14. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Neat. I like it. [​IMG] I was psyched for this, but now I'm even more psyched!

15. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    this is going be a must be on my play list when the time comes.

16. manaphy4ever

Member manaphy4ever GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bahrain
    Epic Mickey = EPIC!!! Great Cinematic Intro [​IMG]

17. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    [​IMG]

Yeah, the concept art was crazy! Then when screenshots of the game came out... it looked pretty boring. At E3 2010, it looked so much better, and this video makes the game look insane!

I'm not really anticipating the game much, but it looks awesome.

18. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh my, this looks absolutely superb. I wouldn't expect anything less from Warren Spector, though.

Great animation!

19. Peelbash

Newcomer Peelbash Advanced Member

United States
    Who do they think they're fooling with "Sorcerer Yen Sid"?

20. granville
    OP

United States
    If you're talking about the fact that Yen Sid is Disney spelled backwards, you're 70 years too late picking up that reference. It was a loving reference to Disney himself, they were never trying to fool anyone or make a stupid little anagram. In case you thought he was a new character or something, Yen Sid was first shown in the 1940 Disney film Fantasia (fantastic art film btw). He was in the Sorcerer's Apprentice and he was the sorcerer and Mickey was the apprentice who gets a little too ambitious and accidentally floods the place using magic. One of the reason why this intro invoked so much Disney magic and nostalgia. Similar circumstances- Yen Sid is working his magic, goes to rest, and Mickey makes a mess in an act of mischief. It's clear that the developers are making this game as rooted in classic cartoons as possible, an awesome thing for retro Disney fans such as myself. [​IMG]