Disney Epic Mickey Intro cutscene

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The entire introduction cutscene for the new Wii game Disney Epic Mickey has been posted online for everyone to behold. Rejoice in classic Disney nostalgia, for i feel we're in for a treat!

Warren Spector is hard at work on his amazing project for Nintendo Wii- Disney Epic Mickey. A love letter to classic Disney and Mickey fans, you play as Mickey Mouse. He accidentally gets ahold of sorcerer Yen Sid's magic paint and creates a villain called the Phantom Blot in an act of mischief. He hastily tries to hide the mess as Yen Sid returns from his rest. The phantom takes over Wasteland, a place for old forgotten Disney characters to live in peace. Many years pass with Mickey forgetting his action, until he is sucked into the Wasteland by the Phantom Blot and goes on a journey to save it from evil.

Epic Mickey is a very nostalgic platformer. You'll find many familiar (and forgotten) old characters from Disney's past. You'll also play with paint and thinner to create or erase parts of the world you explore. Has elements of RPG's and action games as well. Look for Epic Mickey this holiday for Nintendo Wii! [/p]
Being a Disney fan myself (classic Disney cartoons are awesome), i'm heavily anticipating this game personally. It looks like an excellent game, the likes of which i've not seen in a Mickey game since the Genesis or SNES era. Castle of Illusion and the sequels were great fun, as were the Magical Quest games. This particular game looks to recapture the magic of Mickey Mouse games.

Source- IGN Wii

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That far exceeded my expectations.
I was expecting something cutesy and soft. I got classic Disney: an awesome, almost dark, story with a flawed hero undoing what he's done.

I really want to play this. I simply must know what happens to Mickey, the world, and the brush.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Is this even disney anymore
tongue.gif
It looks SO EPIC

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you followed the first concept art that popped up when the game was first announced, you'd have known how un-cutsey and badass this was going to be. It has a kind of noir look to it, dark and brooding. And I absolutely LOVE it!
tongue.gif

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awww Mickey is soo cute in this movie.
Didn't know he could be such a cute little rascal (#^^) trying to paint something nice, but sucks so much at painting that he creates a monster that destroys all in its path haha
wub.gif

I think this game will be fun.

Revolution [9]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG this game looks so awesome. First game I'm excited for on the Wii since Brawl and Beatles Rock Band. Hell, I might even buy it without trying it out.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was already sold before this so this only added to my anticipation. I'm a classic disney fan as well and there should be so much that call back to us. ie already seen so much proof of this in the video alone.

D

Deleted-247497

OH MY GOD i wasn't that excited till this! the animation is actually good!! that bodes very well...

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lts good to see that disney is continuing the mickey saga
since I remember playing Mickey Magical Mirror and this
looks worth buying

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
This is what I'm talking about! Granted all those Disney games never had this kind of effect before (KH's don't count because it was a team effort with SE and Disney) The last Disney game I have ever played was Mickey Speedway on the N64.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Well if you followed the first concept art that popped up when the game was first announced, you'd have known how un-cutsey and badass this was going to be. It has a kind of noir look to it, dark and brooding. And I absolutely LOVE it!
tongue.gif

epic-mickey-concept-art.jpg

Yeah, the concept art was crazy! Then when screenshots of the game came out... it looked pretty boring. At E3 2010, it looked so much better, and this video makes the game look insane!

I'm not really anticipating the game much, but it looks awesome.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Peelbash said:
Who do they think they're fooling with "Sorcerer Yen Sid"?
If you're talking about the fact that Yen Sid is Disney spelled backwards, you're 70 years too late picking up that reference. It was a loving reference to Disney himself, they were never trying to fool anyone or make a stupid little anagram. In case you thought he was a new character or something, Yen Sid was first shown in the 1940 Disney film Fantasia (fantastic art film btw). He was in the Sorcerer's Apprentice and he was the sorcerer and Mickey was the apprentice who gets a little too ambitious and accidentally floods the place using magic. One of the reason why this intro invoked so much Disney magic and nostalgia. Similar circumstances- Yen Sid is working his magic, goes to rest, and Mickey makes a mess in an act of mischief. It's clear that the developers are making this game as rooted in classic cartoons as possible, an awesome thing for retro Disney fans such as myself.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there