Disney Classic Games Collection sees Aladdin and The Lion King get remastered versions

Zd41nNi.png

Back in the 1990's, Disney had a solid track record of making video game adaptations of some of its most famous movies of the decade. Ones that Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo fans are sure to remember are The Lion King and Disney's Aladdin, released in 1993 and 1994 respectively. Now, a whole new world generation can get to experience those beloved titles, as both will be fully remastered in 1080p in the upcoming Disney Classic Games Collection. This dual pack will see both the SNES and Genesis versions of each game, including their original soundtracks, with the ability to fast-forward and rewind--which may help with The Lion King's notorious difficulty. The Disney Classic Games Collection will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow, and will release on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One later this fall.

:arrow: Source

Josshy0125

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ALLADDIN!!! YESSS! I loved that game growing up!! Deffo rebuying. Now is it the SNES or the Genesis version? Hopeful for the SNES version. New graphics, or just "adapted for 1080p"? or whatever? Was an incredibly short game though.

Last edited by Josshy0125,

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the original games already had awesome animation so I'm hoping the remaster will do it justice and not just run the sprites through a shitty filter. Still a shame that the Disney Afternoon Collection is still not considered for the Switch but I guess they're waiting until the time is right to release it at full price again.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"Not that difficult". Really? Stop trying to be "that cool person who is backhandedly saying he's better than others". They were objectively very very difficult. Cut that out.

I have to agree that it wasn't that hard. I was 8-9 myself when I occasionally played it at my friend's house and beat it eventually (which was rare for games I didn't have at home to practice). Though I'd consider myself a skilled player when it comes to platformers, I'd not say that I was one back then.

I don't try to brag here, but I just think that nolimits has a point. We might need a few more views in order to tell if it really was (or, if it actually was, still is) objectively difficult.

Last edited by Axido,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had way more patience for difficult games when I was 8-9 including this one. I played nothing but Ecco for a solid month to get through it, and it had passwords. I even got through fucking Fantasia without hating it. These days picking up retro games that I missed and I'm afraid to even do SMW without some save states.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs