Hacking DiskWriter wont load bigger roms

mportn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

im using sky3ds with diskwriter, everything works - the problem is when i tried to load
braveley default and monster hunter 4 ( both 4gb roms ) i get an error " not enough free space to add image "

the total free space : 6824 Mb ( Largest free block is 2048 Mb)

I figures it has something to do with the largest free block?

i hope someone could help me

Thanks

/ im using 16 GB samsung evo micro sd card. tried like 10 games, all worked only those big GB roms dont

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is to do with the largest free block. If you add a game, add another after that then remove the former, you no longer have a contiguous free block, so games can only be written as far as each block of free space goes.
I'd try to back up the card in diskwriter, clear it then restore back.

Edit: I assumed things wrong, backup isn't it. Optimize is what you want, though you still have to restore what it outputs.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Make a backup of all your save files and use the Optimize function to cram all the games together, creating one continuous block of free memory.

mportn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tried your method dkabot, didnt work for me.

im tryingthe optimize function right now

Thank you both for the help

mportn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks the optimize did work .. if i load new games and delete games, will i have to do this process again?

and another little question.. whenever i delete a game in diskwriter i get an message what to do with the flashcard ( holding down button ... ) whats that about

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality