OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding disk updates (sorry if it's noobish)
What is the best way to play let's say NBA Jam (and all other upcoming titles) on a hardmodded Wii with a Wiikey2 on 4.1E (partially softmodded with bootmii & HBC, only in order to run dol files that don't need cIOS, like emulators)

Losing the HBC isn't that much of an issue cause it's hardly used, (and can be installed again later on), but i'm a bit reluctant to update cause it might brick the Wii.
I thought that bricking a Wii during an update only happened in a small number of cases and was mainly caused by a disconnection of internet/power, not so much during diskupdates (like 4.3 on NBA JAM), correct?
I also found that 4.3 does not disables the Wiikey2, only disables region-free support, right?

-> So is there any precaution i should take before updating my Wii, like backing up the NAND, or will this become useless after updating to 4.3 (or trying to, and bricking it) ???
-> Blocking or removing or the update from the disk won't work, cause the upcoming titles will be using those new IOS installed by 4.2 & 4.3, I suppose?

I don't want to completely softmod the wii, so i guess the easiest way is just to update to 4.3 and hoping it won't brick, or is there an other way?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just do a full softmod with Modmii, this way you dont lose anything, and gain with running stuff wiikey wont, install neogamma as a channel or from HBC, and it'll automatically bypass ANY updates, also install priiloader to disable disc and online updates in priiloaders settings

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well,

First try and search for a program called Priiloader or whatever install it and thats it!

1. download all needed files. .Dol file and hacks.ini for sys 4.1e
2. install on wii
3. restart wii while holding select.
4. Menu appears then chose for system menu hack and chose ''block system menu updates''

Kanahpoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that's the softmodded method alright ... but i actually want to stay hardmodded
smile.gif

And play it now
smile.gif

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you softmod, you don't lose any functions of hardmodding, so, both your chip and softmod work with no problems....
And, yes, you'll be playing it NOW....

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can use geko os to launch the game from disk with your chip with no cios. this will block the update and still let you play the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp