Gaming disk tray won't open

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tryed everything but it won't open. And when I right click on the disk in My Computer it just doesn't respond and then comes back but does nothing. I need it to open. Any ideas as to how to make it work?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Most disk drives have an emergency release hole, it would be a small hole in the front where you can push a paper clip in and it opens.

cd_dvd_2.jpg

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
Most disk drives have an emergency release hole, it would be a small hole in the front where you can push a paper clip in and it opens.

cd_dvd_2.jpg
ok, It worked but they disk drive won't take in the tray. I can puch it back in but then when I press the eject button (not the emergency one) it doesn't open again or take back the tray, also when I move it it makes like a rattling sound. Any help?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
To be honest man it sounds like it has failed, do the lights and stuff still work? Does it still read disks? The rattling probably indicates a mechanical fault if you have never heard it before.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
power down the computer and check the connectors (usually a power one and an IDE/SATA cable) are firmly secured to the back of the drive..

secondly have you added any extra hardware lately such as another hard drive or cd burner?

you may wanna check that your drives are DMA enabled too..

follow this guide here and check
smile.gif

Another question have you had any disks break/fail in the drive or any damage to the drive??

If its rattling then there maby something stuck in there!

If the above does not work then maby see if you can borrow a drive to test or just replace it
smile.gif

dbkdbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, if the drive can still read discs, then I think the tray just gets stuck while trying to open. The same thing used to happen with my cousin's computer. He used to give the drive a light bang just around when the tray tried to open, which is when I believe you hear the drive make some kind of a sound, if what I think is true, then you may have to get your timings right (at hitting the drive). If it doesnt work in the first few 20 attempts, then there may be something else wrong, and you may have to show it to a professional.

BTW, careful you don't hit too hard, you may permaently damage your drive.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine does the same thing but it ejects when there is a CD in it...

I ended up getting a external DVD burner in a trade tho! =3

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I was frustrating with my tray then I just said "you know, fu*k it" and just left it alone. I then updated my pc then restarted it and somehow it fixed itself. That was luck.

Thanx for you help guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...