Hacking Disk Channel Stopped Working After Bootmii/HBC update

Donkey Punch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that was softmodded over a year ago that I recently updated with some newer software. The problem is that the disk channel no longer loads backups. It gives an error about reading the disks and no longer recognizes the backup disks (it still plays the originals fine though). When I install cIOScorp 3.5 it just creates a mess of troubles with HBC.

My Wii's History (What has been installed):
I have a 3.2u Wii that I originally installed the Softmii 2.1.1 package on (hey, I was new and foolish). I used the Twilight Hack to install Preloader 0.28, cIOScorp 1.01 and HBC 1.01. Over time I upgraded to Preloader 0.29 and installed cIOS38_rev15. I also have NeoGammaR7 installed.

All was working flawlessly until I decided to install Bootmii and update the HBC to the most recent version (1.06). Now the disk channel doesn't work on backups.

To get Hackmii/Bootmii to install I had to use Dop-IOS MOD to install IOS 30 v1040 because I was getting the error "no vulnerable IOS installed". Bootmii installed perfectly to boot2 and HBC updated fine too. I can still get to the Preloader screen and NeoGamma still runs backups fine (through the HBC).

Now here is my problem:

How can I get the disk channel working with backups again and not mess up Bootmii, Preloader, and HBC? When I installed cIOScorp 3.5 the HBC 1.06 was flipped upside down and I couldn't do anything to fix it. All the usual fixes that people post in the forums just give me errors when I tried doing them. I couldn't even re-install the HBC because of the "no vulnerable IOS installed" error. I finally had to use Bootmii to revert back to the dump I made before I installed cIOScorp 3.5.

From what I have read HBC 1.03 will work with cIOScorp without causing the upside down HBC. Is this true, and if so how can I revert back to HBC 1.03 from 1.06? From my understanding I have to install a separate 1.03 HBC and then delete the 1.06 HBC? Is this accurate?

Any advice or sharing of knowledge would be appreciated!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
install IOS61 and uninstall HBC and then re-install it then it'll use IOS61 rather than IOS30 and it'll not be upside down when you install cIOSCORP3.5 cause there's no IOS61 in the cIOSCORP3.5 package

Donkey Punch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much longtom1!! That did exactly what I hoped for.

I did see reference in the forum to IOS61 when I did my research before posting but I never saw the info of how it applied to the HBC. Your post was right to the point and perfect.

Cheers!
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: