Disk channel questions.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dinoguy, May 24, 2009.

May 24, 2009

Disk channel questions. by Dinoguy at 12:23 AM (663 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Dinoguy
    OP

Member Dinoguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Question 1. Is it okay to make a .wad of it and remove it like that or is anytitle deleter mandatory
    Question 2.If I make said .wad can I replace its .dol with a backup loader's .dol(too lazy for cioscorp)
    Yes thats it. [​IMG]

:Edit: Sorry someone move this too the backup loader section since it refers to the backup loader.

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    To my knowledge you can't either delete the disc channel neither make a WAD of it.

3. kLiNiKaL

Member kLiNiKaL Dr. Greenthumb

Jamaica
    you could try and find out its ID and try and overwrite it with a backup loader but to my knowledge this has yet to be discovered or done succesfully...

but feel free to lets us know the outcome

4. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    It's great to see someone re-editing and asking for the topic to be moved [​IMG] BUT this is a hacking question imo, as your wanting to hack the menu and remove and then replace the disc channel.

I myself don't know how you'd get this done, but I don't believe in the word can't this week [​IMG]

I'm very interested in WHO will manage this first, I don't think you need to replace it's dol as you would just install a backup loader channel in its place.

So the question is really how do you completely remove the disc channel (you could put it back with bootmii and a backed up NAND)
    BUT.... then if the actual disc channel was hacked maybe it could display the game banner, I think this is what you'd like best.

The disc channel is cool in that it dynamicaly displays the banner, so I'd love to see this done, and will post in this topic just for the sake of keeping it alive and I'm sure someone will see this is a challenge and maybe set about doing it. Who knows.

Nice idea though [​IMG] Anyone interested should post in this thread to keep the interest high, I think there are a few here that IF they see this, might set about trying, especialy now that bootmii has arrived.

5. Apekop

Member Apekop GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    dont see the use... I have cioscorp working 100%, no probs here.

6. WB3000

Member WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There's no title ID for the disc channel, it is coded into the System Menu. That is why Preloader hacks can alter it's function (Move the channel, etc.). While there's no obvious presence of it in decrypted menu contents, it would seem that it should have some sort of similarities to normal channels. Once movement is enabled, you really can't tell it apart from the rest, aside from it's DVD access capabilities.