Dishonoured, yay or nay?

rehevkor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I saw the trailer for this all over the place, I thought it looked good but was likely to be another generic FPS with a gimmick, akin to Singularity etc. But the below Kotaku article made me think that it might be more than it seems, apparently comparing it to Deus Ex. What does everyone else think? Another generic game boosted by the hype machine, or something more? Not seen any actual gameplay yet, so it's hard to judge.

Article:
http://kotaku.com/5905231/18-things-about-dishonored-you-should-know
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1HlYTukh9A

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
I say yay. Obviously it's too early to actually judge since all we have is a CG trailer and some screenshots (there are a bunch on the official website btw), but I think it does look like it could be really good, so I'm pretty psyched, especially since the team working on it made Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.
I guess we'll have to wait until E3 to get actual game footage though.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
If it's truly a steampunk game, I will give it a shot. Steampunk is something overrated, yes, but save for a few games, Steampunk hasn't really been explored in the gaming arena.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
If it's truly a steampunk game, I will give it a shot. Steampunk is something overrated, yes, but save for a few games, Steampunk hasn't really been explored in the gaming arena.
Well you might be disappointed because it's not actually steampunk. Apparently, the game's universe's main power source is whale oil, so stricly speaking it's not steampunk. The design is somewhat similar though, and I think it's cool they're trying something different. (despite whale oil as a power source because really weird)

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Well you might be disappointed because it's not actually steampunk. Apparently, the game's universe's main power source is whale oil, so stricly speaking it's not steampunk. The design is somewhat similar though, and I think it's cool they're trying something different. (despite whale oil as a power source because really weird)

Oilpunk is fine too (lol)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me cautiously optimistic. There's a lot that could easily crash and burn, but at the same time, there is definitely potential here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spot the difference, Deal or no deal, can't remember the others lol