DISGUSTING: Mario Caught Culturally Appropriating In Super Mario Odyssey

joyoshi

ICUP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You’d think the world has learned by now that cultural appropriation is literal violence. Although Mexicans from Mexico don’t actually care who wears sombreros, liberal elites in America likeKaty Perry and Lena Dunham have declared the practice haram and therefore we must obey.

That’s why I am absolutely losing it about Nintendo’s decision to include a Mexico level in the upcoming Super Mario Odyssey where Mario wears a sombrero and a serape. Not cool, guys.

This racism simulator, passing off as a piece of entertainment, has the gall to steal and bastardize a rich Mexican cultural heritage. Mario plays the part of the colonialist, sapping the land of resources (coins and stars) while viciously stomping to death the native inhabitants.

Super Mario is already an incredibly problematic game because of its retrograde gender roles where a straight white male rescues a princess from danger. Despite the many tear-soaked articles posted on Polygon and Kotaku, the creator of Mario, Shigeru “literally Hitler” Miyamoto, refuses to change the format of the game and make Mario trans, while allowing Princess Peach to smash the patriarchy with a slight tap of the “A” button.

The only way Nintendo can fix this is by canceling the game and starting over. If they need to hire me on as a “Political Correctness Supervisor” with a six-figure salary, I would gladly help them make my dream project, Super Mario: White Genocide Sunshine.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’d think the world has learned by now that cultural appropriation is literal violence. Although Mexicans from Mexico don’t actually care who wears sombreros, liberal elites in America likeKaty Perry and Lena Dunham have declared the practice haram and therefore we must obey.

That’s why I am absolutely losing it about Nintendo’s decision to include a Mexico level in the upcoming Super Mario Odyssey where Mario wears a sombrero and a serape. Not cool, guys.

This racism simulator, passing off as a piece of entertainment, has the gall to steal and bastardize a rich Mexican cultural heritage. Mario plays the part of the colonialist, sapping the land of resources (coins and stars) while viciously stomping to death the native inhabitants.

Super Mario is already an incredibly problematic game because of its retrograde gender roles where a straight white male rescues a princess from danger. Despite the many tear-soaked articles posted on Polygon and Kotaku, the creator of Mario, Shigeru “literally Hitler” Miyamoto, refuses to change the format of the game and make Mario trans, while allowing Princess Peach to smash the patriarchy with a slight tap of the “A” button.

The only way Nintendo can fix this is by canceling the game and starting over. If they need to hire me on as a “Political Correctness Supervisor” with a six-figure salary, I would gladly help them make my dream project, Super Mario: White Genocide Sunshine.
lol

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nobody is safe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Mhm