ROM Hack Disgaea DS Original Music

Absynthe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So okay, I don't like how they converted the songs in this porting, and I was wondering if it could be possible to substitute them with the original ones. I have all the original tracks in mp3 format, taken from the UOST, and I don't care if the rom will increase in size, I have plenty of free space on my SD. And I don't want someone to do it for me, I just want to know if it is possible and how. Thank you very much

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the format of the music files in the ROM can be determined, theoretically there's no reason why it shouldn't be possible to convert the MP3s into that format and replace them. I would like the original music back myself.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eh, i'm just happy with the undub
smile.gif
Never played the orig so I don't know the music.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Music file type seems to be a format called .msnd, which I have no clue what that is. I located these when opening up the bgm.dat, which chances are that stands for Back Ground Music, haha.

anyway, it just has labels, then is garbled junk.

The files are labeled as: bgm_##(01-33).msnd

Absynthe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah I found that too. Googling that I came across this page http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/kernel/so...nd-2.101.README
I don't really get what it's about, but it's definitely audio-related. Could you please take a look at it? Ah btw it's something *nix based. Luckily I'm running Kubuntu here, so if that's actually something useful, I can use it.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absynthe said:
saxamo said:
smile.gif

Trust me, it's a hundred times better. I'll do some researches and post here the results when/if I'll find something.
I don't think the music sounds that much different but I didn't see why they felt it necessary to arrange it the way they did.

Absynthe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
AXYPB said:
Absynthe said:
saxamo said:
smile.gif

Trust me, it's a hundred times better. I'll do some researches and post here the results when/if I'll find something.
I don't think the music sounds that much different but I didn't see why they felt it necessary to arrange it the way they did.

It's the same for me. If this was an original title for the DS I would have been satisfied with this music, but having played the PS2 version, I miss the original ones...

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
not to mention that every voiced end exclusive song is missing. they are in the UOST too, and it should be possible to replace them.

if you turn the volume up ( or use a emulator and turn the volume to a amount where the original NDS can't possibly reach ) you even hear noise in the background. whatever they did to the bgm, it's horrible.

Absynthe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fairytale said:
not to mention that every voiced end exclusive song is missing. they are in the UOST too, and it should be possible to replace them.

if you turn the volume up ( or use a emulator and turn the volume to a amount where the original NDS can't possibly reach ) you even hear noise in the background. whatever they did to the bgm, it's horrible.

Exactly. So, has anyone found out something about these .msnd files?

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
possible is basically everything, but i bet that no one will ever even think about replacing nds files with ps2 files. may as well say it's "Impossible"

Absynthe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
deufeufeu said:
Absynthe said:
Yeah I found that too. Googling that I came across this page http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/kernel/so...nd-2.101.README
I don't really get what it's about, but it's definitely audio-related. Could you please take a look at it? Ah btw it's something *nix based. Luckily I'm running Kubuntu here, so if that's actually something useful, I can use it.
Have you even tried reading the first line of this README ?...

Yeah. Sorry. I feel really stupid. I just scrolled down and ignored the first line. Sorry, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr