'Disgaea 2 Portable' screens and details!

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
"It's already 2009 and I am still wading through the Item World in Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness. Yeah, it's a bit sad, but at least I have something to do while waiting for Makai Senki Disgaea 2 Portable.

Speaking of Disgaea 2 Portable, PSPHyper has put up a bunch of screens and info on the game. Here's a list of the new stuff we've learned about so far:

* A new scenario for Akutare (Axel in the US version), similar to the Etna Mode in Afternoon of Darkness. Some new stages will be exclusive to this scenario.
* New generic characters: Samurai (Female) and Death Saber. You'll need previous save data to unlock the Samurai.
* New party members: Zeta, Overlord Prier, and Mid-Boss.
* New weapon mastery skills for bows and spears
* New magic spell: Peta Cool
* Options to speed up character movement
* Character sorting
* Friendlier camera and magic menu
* Item World commands can be used in the Warehouse

And now it's time for screenshots! If the ones below aren't enough, you can find more at the source link. So far, Makai Senki Disgaea 2 Portable hasn't been confirmed for a US or European release, but I'm definitely hoping that NIS America comes through for us on this one."

Pictures below:
disgaea-2-psp-01.jpg

disgaea-2-psp-04_qjgenth.jpg

disgaea-2-psp-05_qjgenth.jpg

disgaea-2-psp-10_qjgenth.jpg

disgaea-2-psp-12_qjgenth.jpg

Source + a lot more pictures!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I don't have a PSP, but I hope this comes to DS as well eventually.
If that happens I hope it won't be a quick job like the last one.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
granville said:
I don't have a PSP, but I hope this comes to DS as well eventually.
If that happens I hope it won't be a quick job like the last one.
I never played Disgaea before, so I didn't notice the poor job done it porting it over (just heard about it from others). Clearly it's nothing too serious or else the game would be unplayable.

In all honesty, we're talking about a PSP to DS port, so I can't imagine the game being a perfect port. I will grant you that they should have used a cartridge twice as big to add in the left out voice acting though. 64MB is pretty bare minimum nowadays.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a find!

Coincidentally, I've been reading about and Youtubing clips of the Disgaea and Persona series all morning with a cup of coffee in hand! Actually been considering picking up the first one and giving it a play-through. I am quite a newb to the series, however, and most of my knowledge comes from about an hour of reads.
nyanya.gif
Does the DS port trump the PSP port?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine a DS port ever trumping a PSP version. From what I've read, the PSP version of Disgaea has the upside in these areas:

- more voice acting
- better graphics
- better music quality

Not sure what else. I still consider the DS port quite good for what it is though.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I can't imagine a DS port ever trumping a PSP version. From what I've read, the PSP version of Disgaea has the upside in these areas:

- more voice acting
- better graphics
- better music quality

Not sure what else. I still consider the DS port quite good for what it is though.

Its true. If anyone has a PSP and played the PSP version instead, it'll corrupt your mind when anyone compares it to the DS version. If you're a Disgaea virgin, staying with the DS version isn't that bad but I really like the voice acting for the Disgaea ports on the PSP, that's pretty much the reason why I stick with it on the PSP. As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they don't port this to the DS and destroy it's soundtrack like the first. Having played the PS2 version first everything about that just seemed dirty, shoddy and horrible.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phynx said:
I really hope they don't port this to the DS and destroy it's soundtrack like the first. Having played the PS2 version first everything about that just seemed dirty, shoddy and horrible.
Sorry, but your logic is a complete fallacy. It's not my fault you wanted to play the DS port. It's not intended for Disgaea veterans, but for those who have never played it before and don't have access to the other systems (like me).

You can't say you hope it's not ported for two reasons:

1- because no one forced you to play it
2- because of people like me who have never played it and don't have any other system it's on

Saying you wish it wasn't ported just to satisfy your own opinion is selfish. And on top of that, why on earth WOULD you want to play the DS version if you've already gotten it on PS2? Did you expect it to be as good on a system about 1/4 as powerful? The gameplay is just as good, and that's all that matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...