1. Nekomaru

Nekomaru Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Seems like NIS has no clear release/remake/remaster plans for Disgaea and just does random decisions whenever a cash grab is available. The disastrous PC Port of D1 was released in February 2016 and had to be patched multiple times to even achieve playability. Was it so hard to invest in a proper remake back then? Or did they know they couldn't ask an AAA price for a remake of a 15yo game? (Actually even considering "console tax" the 50 USD is overpriced for a remaster of these proportions, note Shadow of the Colossus remake.) Or are they, owing to the latest Ys failure, incapable of delivering quality PC games? Knowing NISa, they will sell this again for PC Fall 2019 at AAA price. Disappointing.

Subtle Demise and Peloisan like this.
  2. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    Instant buy. Disgaea 5 sold me on the series.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    what is this the re-master GEN? how about some NEW games for the switch...

4. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'll wait for the inevitable PC release, especially since I've played this on PS2 and DS already.

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    Oh, but there are a lot of new games, only that your are some kind of weird AAA elitist that doesn't like the many excellent indie games, there's where the new happens, always.

6. jimmyj

jimmyj Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj

United Kingdom
    I need this,dood

7. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    This game was good at its time, I spent like 76 hours, unfortunately I don't think I will ever revisit it again.

8. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Addict

Belgium
    I know what you mean. I used to love FInal Fantasy Tactics Advance 2. But whenever i attempt to replay that game now i just can't get over how slow going it is. Every fight takes a good 10 minutes or more.

9. Condarkness_XY

Condarkness_XY GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Will the game be the same as the original with updated graphics and sprites and stuff or is it going to add new content to the original?

10. Fatih120

Fatih120 All-Loving Lover

Canada
    Sounds hyped, but I feel like lots of people have the lingering feeling of expecting disappointment.
    I saw a YouTube comment that I agreed with, which is that it shouldn't be just an HD port, it should be REMAKE. Add in the features that made the rest of the series have more fun, especially with all the new features 5 brought to us to add depth. More postgame would help out with making it replayable, because personally I'm not too much into Refine/Complete if it's gonna be mostly the same game. But that's just a minor gripe.

11. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

12. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nice! I never did get this game for the PS2 or NDS, so I'll use the Switch as an excuse to play it. It's been some years since I've played a tactical RPG outside the Fire Emblem series.

13. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    I was literally just thinking of this game and not just because of my avatar and sig. Been awhile since I played the PSP version and I know there will be at least some added content, so... yeah. Still buying it.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Complete, Disgaea, Refined