• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[Discussion] Your views on religion.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 10,978
  • Replies 196

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm confused is why people keep saying "the God of the Bible is okay with rape and incest" where does it say that?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It amazes me how many people can get misconceptions about something they know nothing about.
I can feel it in the wind now
the thunderous explosion of five thousand fedora tippers clambering out of their mobility scooters to scramble to their PCs and yell at you

thou hath opened the portal to the hell of fat nerds

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing: The Bible is not factually sound, and the bible does not prove the Church.
Exactly because the Bible is a load of bullshit. Some Christians cherry pick their passages to say that homosexuality is wrong. Religion brings about hate which is fucked up.

Reactions: dAVID_
D

Deleted User

OP
(Correct me if I am wrong) Wasn't it because he didn't like how the Catholic Church was doing, and how they were "Selling" Indulgences?(which they weren't btw, Common misconception)
You are wrong. It is what I stated

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Notice: This thread is about religion. This means that there will be contradicting opinions. Because this is the case, some will get frustrated and flustered. In these cases, I advise you not to post until you have collected some thoughts into a reasonable post. I also advise you not to say harmful things regarding religions unless you truly mean them.

Before posting, please note that all rules established here and here are not voided in this thread. You must follow all rules, and your post can (and most likely will) be reported if you are violating them.

With constant growth of the disbelief in God (or the belief in no God) and tensions between different religions, religion has constantly become a hot topic. Certain religions have been changing their doctrine to fit modern society to make themselves more appealing. Personally, I am not fond of this approach, because you shouldn't have to change the fundamental prospects of your religion to get somebody to join it. The basis of a religion is the belief in something, but changing those beliefs to make it more appealing just seems wrong -- one could argue it seems that it doesn't make it a true religion.

Anyways, I just want to get your opinion on what a religion and why you do(n't) follow one.

EDIT: Don't be like this
Hate to break it to you, but Christianity is dead. It has been at war with with Judaism for 2000 years. These two ideologies have been trying to snuff the other out for a long time. In todays world, Judaism has a huge upper hand over the masses through it's diasporas monopoly on media, economics, and politics. You may ask yourself that if Judaism is winning this battle of ideology, then why don't I see it everywhere. The answer is that Judaism is not for you, and is reserved for a very small exclusive club. So the future holds that Christianity will likely disappear completely, or be reduced to an impotent ideology that doesn't make sense anymore, nor does it stick to the tennants of it's faith. Judaism will remain standing, and stronger then ever among it's chosen adherents. And everybody else will be mindless minions following new age this and that, buddhism, etc... All faiths that do not challenge Judaism anymore, or even have a clue what it is, and how it influences them.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hate to break it to you, but Christianity is dead. It has been at war with with Judaism for 2000 years. These two ideologies have been trying to snuff the other out for a long time. In todays world, Judaism has a huge upper hand over the masses through it's diasporas monopoly on media, economics, and politics. You may ask yourself that if Judaism is winning this battle of ideology, then why don't I see it everywhere. The answer is that Judaism is not for you, and is reserved for a very small exclusive club. So the future holds that Christianity will likely disappear completely, or be reduced to an impotent ideology that doesn't make sense anymore, nor does it stick to the tennants of it's faith. Judaism will remain standing, and stronger then ever among it's chosen adherents. And everybody else will be mindless minions following new age this and that, buddhism, etc... All faiths that do not challenge Judaism anymore, or even have a clue what it is, and how it influences them.
Huh. Sounds like you are a Jew then. That is fine. Christianity isn't dead. It will never die.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And last time I checked, Judaism had 15 million followers with Christianity at over 2.2 billion, and islam at 1.6 billion. I am not the one to say which one is true, but your argument doesn't seem to hold up to numbers. And since Judaism is an ethnic religion, it is harder to be converted to Judaism than to Christianity, which by default means that eventually Judaism will vanish except for countries in which it is the official religion (israel)

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Huh. Sounds like you are a Jew then. That is fine. Christianity isn't dead. It will never die.
Christianity may never die. But if it's practices and tenants are mutated to the point that it's no longer remotely close to the way it was intended 2000 years ago, then it's essentially dead for all intent and purpuses. Judaism on the other hand has remainded largely identical in practice, beliefs, etc for over 2000 years. A few holidays have been added here and there to celbrate how Judaism conquered the Goys that challenged them, but by in large, it has remained in tact, and unchanged.

And last time I checked, Judaism had 15 million followers with Christianity at over 2.2 billion, and islam at 1.6 billion. I am not the one to say which one is true, but your argument doesn't seem to hold up to numbers. And since Judaism is an ethnic religion, it is harder to be converted to Judaism than to Christianity, which by default means that eventually Judaism will vanish except for countries in which it is the official religion (israel)
Not sure what your point is?? There are 7 billion people on the planet, and 1% of those 7 billion hold most of the wealth, and guide the direction of history. With your logic, the 1% shouldn't have this control and influence over the rest if they are outnumberd by the billions. You just don't understand what Judiasm is, how it works, and how it has worked throughout history. That's ok. This has been the position of the Goy for 1000's of years now.

Last edited by xpoverzion,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like religion because it makes people believe things that are false. It teaches them wrong. Religion is meant to scare people into being good. I can't stand people who brainwash their children into believing stuff that some random guy wrote in a book called "the bible" in an attempt to improve people. I don't understand how people can still believe in it. We're past that time.

Reactions: Gyndemia
D

Deleted User

OP
Christianity may never die. But if it's practices and tenants are mutated to the point that it's no longer remotely close to the way it was 2000 years ago, then it's essentially dead for all intent and purpuses. Judaism on the other hand has remainded largely identical in practice, beliefs, etc for over 2000 years. A few holidays have been added here and there to celbrate how Judaism conquered the Goys that challenged them, but by in large, it has remained in tact, and unchanged.
That is true.* I can explain why Christianity has changed, but not defend it.
Christianity is a globalizing religion, whereas Judaism is an ethnic religion. A universalizing religion is one where its goal is to convert as many as possible. Now, when this happens, doctrines may change, mutated, removed, added, etc. In an ethnic religion, they don't aim to convert everybody, so they typically stick to their doctrine.

That said, some Christian religions don't change a lot. They may change in practices, but not in doctrine.

Not sure what your point is?? There are 7 billion people on the planet, and 1% of those 7 billion hold most of the wealth, and guide the direction of history. With your logic, the 1% shouldn't have this control and influence over the rest if they are outnumberd by the billions.
I never said they shouldn't have the power. However, Judaism currently doesn't have all of the power (not saying they shouldn't but they don't right now).

I look at it this way. If those 1% didn't control history, then they could be comparable to Judaism (although 1% of 7 billion is 70 million, so Judaism is more like 0.2%)
If they only married within themselves, and didn't marry others (comparable to an ethnic religion) then they would eventually die out because there isn't enough to spread out to. Now, if they were actively trying to marry outside of their group, then those people they marry would then be included in the wealthiest percent of the globe, and so on so forth.

I don't like religion because it makes people believe things that are false. It teaches them wrong. Religion is meant to scare people into being good. I can't stand people who brainwash their children into believing stuff that some random guy wrote in a book called "the bible" in an attempt to improve people. I don't understand how people can still believe in it. We're past that time.
"some random guy" nice. because, ya know, there aren't two testaments in the bible, Jesus wasn't an actual person (whether he was the son of God or a prophet or faker is different, but he was a real person), and there are definitely not more than 1 prophet in the whole bible. The fact that multiple people wrote in the bible can be proven by looking at the writing styles.

You just don't understand what Judiasm is, how it works, and how it has worked throughout history. That's ok. This has been the position of the Goy for 1000's of years now.
This is where you begin assuming, and where I step out. I personally don't know how it works, but I have Jewish teachers/professors that describe to me their practices. In high school, I took an AP Human Geography class with a Jewish teacher who explained the difference between Judaism, Islam, and Christianity with as much of an objective/unbiased point of view as possible, and I would sincerely hope you could do the same.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christianity is a globalizing religion, whereas Judaism is an ethnic religion. A universalizing religion is one where its goal is to convert as many as possible. Now, when this happens, doctrines may change, mutated, removed, added, etc. In an ethnic religion, they don't aim to convert everybody, so they typically stick to their doctrine.

That said, some Christian religions don't change a lot. They may change in practices, but not in doctrine.

I never said they shouldn't have the power. However, Judaism currently doesn't have all of the power (not saying they shouldn't but they don't right now).

I look at it this way. If those 1% didn't control history, then they could be comparable to Judaism (although 1% of 7 billion is 70 million, so Judaism is more like 0.2%)
If they only married within themselves, and didn't marry others (comparable to an ethnic religion) then they would eventually die out because there isn't enough to spread out to. Now, if they were actively trying to marry outside of their group, then those people they marry would then be included in the wealthiest percent of the globe, and so on so forth.

"some random guy" nice. because, ya know, there aren't two testaments in the bible, Jesus wasn't an actual person (whether he was the son of God or a prophet or faker is different, but he was a real person), and there are definitely not more than 1 prophet in the whole bible. The fact that multiple people wrote in the bible can be proven by looking at the writing styles.
"random guy" was just a dumbed down version of the truth. No, it wasn't just one person, it was a group of people. But it wasn't the prophets or whatever the fuck, because those don't exist. There's no God either.

D

Deleted User

OP
"random guy" was just a dumbed down version of the truth. No, it wasn't just one person, it was a group of people. But it wasn't the prophets or whatever the fuck, because those don't exist. There's no God either.
Alright. Fair belief.

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

This is where you begin assuming, and where I step out. I personally don't know how it works, but I have Jewish teachers/professors that describe to me their practices. In high school, I took an AP Human Geography class with a Jewish teacher who explained the difference between Judaism, Islam, and Christianity with as much of an objective/unbiased point of view as possible, and I would sincerely hope you could do the same.
Judaism has no power?? You need to start reading some history books. Not history books that are written by the Goys, but the books that are written by your masters;). If Judaism has no power, then how do you explain the fact that a small group of people, that is irrelevant in your eyes, has convinced the nations to create a state called Israel for them in the first place? How is it that this tiny little start up nation of Israel was the third nation to aquire nuclear bombs after the U.S. and Russia? How is it that America and the west spends trillions to safe guard that tiny little state in the Middle East? If any other tiny minority group such as American Indians, Australian Aboriginals, etc wanted a nation, nuclear bombs, and the commitment of the world to protect them, they would just be laughed at. You have much to learn. Open your eyes, read the history books, and you will find that Judaism is hardly a powerless minority ideology. Quite the contrary. Little do you know, the tail wags the dog, and it always has throughout the course of western history. Now, all you have to do is ask yourself why it is that the tail wags the dog? If you start to look into this, be prepared to open pandora's box. Things are not what you thought they were. I also wonder if you really have anything to do with Moscow, Russia? Your country has a long history with Judaism. Not the least with Trotsky/Lenin's Bolshivism, who just so happened to side with the ambitions of Judiasm;).

Last edited by xpoverzion,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i am a muslim and well how should i put all of this, i think most religions out there are peaceful.

i really dislike people using religion as a tool , alot of them do sadly.
they use religion to murder, it is all so despicable.

religion is also a very sensitive subject often times, i dislike those that put it in extreme levels and make the lives of others hard with it.

i just think it is important to have some belief.
to believe in something that is greater than all of us.

i believe in god , i just think it is important for me to have this faith.
i am no way near extreme, like i said i dont like those that preach it in extreme ways and shove it in your face.

i think it should be down to each individual what to believe in etc.
i just feel more at peace with the mindset that there is one god.

Reactions: VinsCool

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm catholic, I don't really know what to think, I'm still young and confused.
I believe in God and I want to be with him, he represents all that is good in life and he'll give us a resting place once we leave this world.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judaism has no power?? You need to start reading some history books. Not history books that are written by the Goys, but the books that are written by your masters;). If Judaism has no power, then how do you explain the fact that a small group of people, that is irrelevant in your eyes, has convinced the nations to create a state called Israel for them in the first place? How is it that this tiny little start up nation of Israel was the third nation to aquire nuclear bombs after the U.S. and Russia? How is it that America and the west spends trillions to safe guard that tiny little state in the Middle East? If any other tiny minority group such as American Indians, Australian Aboriginals, etc wanted a nation, nuclear bombs, and the commitment of the world to protect them, they would just be laughed at. You have much to learn. Open your eyes, read the history books, and you will find that Judaism is hardly a powerless minority ideology. Quite the contrary. Little do you know, the tail wags the dog, and it always has throughout the course of western history. Now, all you have to do is ask yourself why it is that the tail wags the dog? If you start to look into this, be prepared to open pandora's box. Things are not what you thought they were. I also wonder if you really have anything to do with Moscow, Russia? Your country has a long history with Judaism. Not the least with Trotsky, and Lenin, who just so happened to side with the ambitions of Judiasm;).
This is GBATemp, not stormfront.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
The first and foremost thing I'd like to say is that if Judaism had as much power as you claim, why haven't you guys conquered the entire world? Don't tell me it is a "peace loving religion" because if that was the case why would you spend time developing weapons of mass destruction.

Next, let's go over each of your posts.

Judaism has no power?? You need to start reading some history books. Not history books that are written by the Goys, but the books that are written by your masters;).
This is just a bad argument. A history book written by a variety of religions (Christian, Atheist, et c.) is going to have less subjective perspective than one written by a single religion. A history book written by the "Goys" has just as much, if not less, "Goyish" bias as a history book written by Jews has Jewish bias.
If Judaism has no power, then how do you explain the fact that a small group of people has convinced the nations to create a state called Israel for them in the first place?
The same reason any other religion would get a specific homeland. Not because they are superior, but because it is unethical to target any one particular group of people based on their religion. The state of Israel was created as a Jewish homeland due to Britain's inability to handle conflicts between the Arab Palestine and the Jewish people immigrating into Palestine. The UN then decided to separate the two religions due to past conflict.
How is it that Israel was the third nation to aquire nuclear bombs after the U.S. and Russia?
This proves literally nothing regarding your post. In fact, you weren't the third. The UK was, by at least 8 years. There is no concrete evidence that you guys were fourth either. The suspected time of the first test was between 1960 and 1979. In this time period, 3 other nations tested nuclear weaponry.
How is it that America and the west spends trillions safe guarding that tiny little state in the Middle East?
This is a simple answer: You give us oil, something that we need, and we give you protection, something that you need. If you were so "high and mighty" why would you need protection? If you were the chosen of God (which nobody is, we are all equal in God's eye) then wouldn't you be the strongest military in the world?
If any other tiny minority group such as American Indians, Australian Aboriginals, etc wanted a nation, and the commitment of the world to protect them, they would just be laughed at.
Probably because we are so used to abusing them that we wouldn't want them to have their own country (sounds really bad but it is most likely true) and Israel was created shortly after WWII, which is when the Holocaust happened, and I don't doubt for a minute there was at least shred of shame and regret afterwards and wanted to make amends.
I also wonder if you really have anything to do with Moscow, Russia? Your country has a long history with Judaism. Not the least with Trotsky/Lenin's Bolshivism, who just so happened to side with the ambitions of Judiasm;).
Huh. Guess I forgot to change it back to Gilbert Arizona.

Last edited by ,

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This is GBATemp, not stormfront.
Ooops. I'm sorry. My bad. We need to get back to talking about the games that we waste countless hours with. The endless streams of enternainment that keep us clueless dummies. Like the Colliseum, it's the oldest trick in the book to pacify the Goy's, and proletariets. Are you not entertained!?!?

Reactions: Pacheko17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.