Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

ItsMagicMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened ever since i have edited ui_character_db to make more character slots
Note: I have 21 cloud costumes.
Please look at the file i've attached. It explains my problem in more detail.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 12.29.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 12.29.42 PM.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 368
Last edited by ItsMagicMan,

Petrucci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had an issue where upon choosing two modded characters in the CSS and pressing start, the Wii U crashes at the stage select. I went and deleted a few mods from the SD card itself (e.g. the packed ones), but I'm not sure as to how I can diagnose the issue accurately.

Nytes3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem. all of my music mods work on my cousins wii u but only some work on mine. does anyone know the problem.

Kenate101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently started making a mod-pack in which I've only added skins so far and now character stats are going through the roof even for untouched characters. Sonic is faster than normal. Almost everyone has no lag on there arials and even some attacks. Cloud charges his limit in less than 3 seconds or after only a bit of damage. Need to know what to do to diagnose this issue because only after removing all the mods does it fix itself.

I just had an issue where upon choosing two modded characters in the CSS and pressing start, the Wii U crashes at the stage select. I went and deleted a few mods from the SD card itself (e.g. the packed ones), but I'm not sure as to how I can diagnose the issue accurately.
Also had this problem, I figured it's something wrong with the installed mod itself. I individually checked which one worked properly up until it crashed again. Eventually realized I had just put in the mod incorrectly. Might be a similar issue.

Last edited by Kenate101,

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a few months since I've started modding... but there's still that music limitation.

Has there been any progress at all in solving the 20 song-saving issue? It's becoming a significant problem when I have over 900 added songs to the game...

HeartBound

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently started making a mod-pack in which I've only added skins so far and now character stats are going through the roof even for untouched characters. Sonic is faster than normal. Almost everyone has no lag on there arials and even some attacks. Cloud charges his limit in less than 3 seconds or after only a bit of damage. Need to know what to do to diagnose this issue because only after removing all the mods does it fix itself.

Also had this problem, I figured it's something wrong with the installed mod itself. I individually checked which one worked properly up until it crashed again. Eventually realized I had just put in the mod incorrectly. Might be a similar issue.
look at param>fighter and remove files in there

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My music mod crashes immediately after a fight ends, before the results screen comes up. All I did with the mod was add a few songs and replace a few others. Is this a common symptom, or did I do something really weird?

EDIT: In case it matters, I have JP Sm4sh.

Last edited by Kurausukun,

younglinkcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
get stuck loading into 4 player smash after adding costume slots, before doing this I would get stuck on the splash art for the game, anything I can do?

Gamzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was likely asked before, (shit maybe I asked about it months ago,) but since it's a pain in the ass to begrudgingly search for keywords and stuff, is there any way you can mod a backup copy of Smash Bros? Using Loadiine to run it, obviously.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I have a question: I installed DLC to a eshop copy of ssb (1.1.6) with SDCafiine, Can I use the characters (Mewto, Bayonetta, ryu...) in online (with Friends)?
Bye!

antnida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone point me in the right direction? Maybe, I miss a step when patching or something but I don't think the smash update patch is working.

I got a original smash bros that came with the hard drive and a dump on the sd.
I download an update/patch v288 (already have all the characters and other mods)
I created a folder in the root of the sd 0005000010144F00
I put the patch folder in 0005000010144F00
Ran SDCafiine
Load Smash Bros using loadiine as well as the copy on my hard drive, and nothing changes.

Any suggestion on what I have missed?

Thanks
Tony

Knightmayor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having an issue with opening the plugin Sm4shMusic in Sm4shExplorer v0.07.1. I'm getting an ERROR when opening it from the plugin tab or from data(xx_xx)/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin
I've used the plugin successfully before and have many songs added. Below is the error with a screenshot of it. Any help is much appreciated.

INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_property.mpb' from Mod...
ERROR OpenPluginMenu with Sm4shMusic: An entry with the same key already exists.

Attachments

• Sm4shExplorer - ERROR.png
    Sm4shExplorer - ERROR.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 345

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to stop Smash Explorer deleting files on my SD? I have to re-add custom music every time I rebuild a mod because it deletes everything in my bgm folder

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having issues getting loadiine website for Smash 4 mods to load on the WiiU browser? Like I keep getting an error saying it can't display the page, so mods are a no go right now.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is anyone else having issues getting loadiine website for Smash 4 mods to load on the WiiU browser? Like I keep getting an error saying it can't display the page, so mods are a no go right now.
I'm accessing it just fine; did you change your wifi settings?

Edit: Adding another question; a few mods I downloaded came with a meta folder. Where do I put it?

Last edited by Kourin,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed that most mod stages don't work correctly in 8 player smash. The camera is different and therefore the collisions don't match up with the stage model. Is there any way to fix this easily?

4F_Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange issue here, doesn't seem to exist for anyone else on the internet as far as I can find. Stages are playing songs from other stages when I run mods. It seems somewhat consistent, like FD has songs from Port Town Aero Dive in its rotation, Smashville will play songs from Pac Land, Battlefield from Gaur Plain, etc. It doesn't seem to be limited to modded-in or on-disc songs, either, so my bandaid fix of removing all undesired songs in smash explorer doesn't work very well. Anyone know what's going on or how to fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr