Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

SETHsational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm still a super novice and I'm having some problems.

I followed ts4m's guide to get all my old mods on 1.1.6, but when i set sm4shexplorer's source to the file, it says there is no node for any data(locale) folders, and only lets me edit the plain data folder.

Also I am more than lost when using sm4shmusic plugin. I have no clue how it work's and I can't find a tutorial. All I've understood so far is if I put my old bgm nus3bank files from my sd card and put them in my workplace bgm folder for sm4shexplorer, I can edit their info on sm4shmusic. I press the add button, and I do not understand what that does. Plese help me understand how to add new music to each stage.

GBMini

Trophies
XP
Country
i stop to use that fucking gamebanana http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30207
do you know an other website who isn't like this shit ?

Hey, sorry it took so long. I've unwithheld that for you. Things should generally be unwithheld within 24 hours of you posting on the withhold page and clearly something went wrong here. I'll talk to the moderator about it. If that happens again, you should create a support ticket asking for help with it.

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First texture "Semi-Sucessful"? I don't know why it only appears when zoomed in, Again: Help with this would be very appreciated as I feel Sm4sh Mario's overalls look a bit bland. When zoomed out, It becomes the lighter shade of purple, blue.

INGAME:

View attachment 50177

TEXTURE:
View attachment 50178

You need to generate mipmaps. There should be an option for it when you save the dds, regardless of what program you're using.

SETHsational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm still a super novice and I'm having some problems.

I followed ts4m's guide to get all my old mods on 1.1.6, but when i set sm4shexplorer's source to the file, it says there is no node for any data(locale) folders, and only lets me edit the plain data folder.

Also I am more than lost when using sm4shmusic plugin. I have no clue how it work's and I can't find a tutorial. All I've understood so far is if I put my old bgm nus3bank files from my sd card and put them in my workplace bgm folder for sm4shexplorer, I can edit their info on sm4shmusic. I press the add button, and I do not understand what that does. Plese help me understand how to add new music to each stage.

Okay so I got the data(locale0 folder's to work so it all sees to be working normally UNTIL I try to load the mods on my wii u. It freezez on the splash screen as if I haven't dumped the patch, which i definitely have. What the fuck?

And how do i use the sm4shmusic plugin?

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, sorry it took so long. I've unwithheld that for you. Things should generally be unwithheld within 24 hours of you posting on the withhold page and clearly something went wrong here. I'll talk to the moderator about it. If that happens again, you should create a support ticket asking for help with it.
thanks for the unwithhold
i sent a pm a week ago to the moderator but no responses

Mario123311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried several times now and Gimp isn't being very helpful. Aside from that, I don't think the original compression format for Mario's overrall color texture is even listed here. I'm stumped.
wtf2.png

wtf3.png

Switching any of the windows doesn't even allow the "Use existing mipmaps" option, What the FUCK?

Paint.net is even worse as if the mipmaps aren't the same as what the original texture file was from what I heard it will glitch it. yet I don't know what to chose here. It's not showing me what the numbers will be or anything.
wtf.PNG

Please let me know if anybody has used these programs and what I need to do, I'm honestly getting annoyed.

Last edited by Mario123311,

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried several times now and Gimp isn't being very helpful. Aside from that, I don't think the original compression format for Mario's overrall color texture is even listed here. I'm stumped.
View attachment 50194
View attachment 50195
Switching any of the windows doesn't even allow the "Use existing mipmaps" option, What the FUCK?

Paint.net is even worse as if the mipmaps aren't the same as what the original texture file was from what I heard it will glitch it. yet I don't know what to chose here. It's not showing me what the numbers will be or anything.
View attachment 50193
Please let me know if anybody has used these programs and what I need to do, I'm honestly getting annoyed.

I have had zero issue with Paint.NET's generate mipmaps thing. The number of mipmaps created is based on the size of the image.

If it's 512x512, which is the 10th power of 2, it gets 9 mipmaps. If it's 1024x1024, the 11th power of 2, it gets 10 mipmaps, and so on.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the newest Sm4shExplorer, my Sm4sh boots to the menu (unedited, I have a mod that changes its looks). I try to enter the CSS, and Sm4sh freezes at the loading screen (with the BEEEEEEP sound we all know and hate).
My workspace folder is 0.97 GB, with the content, data, and data(us_en) folders in it. I pointed Sm4shExplorer to my update dump, built mods, and got the freeze. I then put the code, content, and meta folders from the update into my game dump,
did the same thing, and got the freeze again. Not sure what's wrong, as most people have things working fine, apparently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse