Hacking [Discussion] PS4 7.02 Exploit Success Rate and Discussion

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you host the files from the pc, you don't need anything plugged in. then, just cache the exploit, then you don't need the pc either. I have a small tutorial on using xampp, but I think it's on psx place with my wii u tutorials. I put the fake ticket one here, because the other stuff was covered in other tutorials on here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/pinkys-wii-u-tutorials.11377/

very short at the top.

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I not on 7.02 so won't upgrade for the sake to see if works better or not, btw these files are not the same of the online website, are an older version which according to Jim, never experienced a kp, if works good these files can be used to make a cache able exploit later on mininal for maximum performance

Last edited by viggen66,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd only upgrade if I was encountering tons of kernel panics on 6.72, which I've heard can happen actually. Joonie told me I should update, but I haven't. I'm still on 5.05.

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have used JimMayer appcache, extracted exploit files, used a fast gui based for the exploits with cache, you need to pick up the Exploit-Host-Server_v1.3, to host on a pc, only need to do this once, and after that remains on the ps4.

Attachments

• 7.02 JimMayer.zip
    1 MB · Views: 198
Last edited by viggen66,

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update:
So something interesting happened today. I was busy in the last two days and didn't turn my ps4 on, tonight I decided to mess around with 7.02 exploit again and to my surprise, hen was loaded within 10 retries. Played a game for like half an hour, when I tried to close it the console got a kp. Rebooted and tried the web exploit again, less than 10 retries and hen was loaded. Spent the whole night rebooting the console and loading hen, the web exploit success rate is improved significantly for some strange reason, on average web exploit now takes 5-10 retries to launch, compared to 20 retries before. Hen is also more stable, got like 1-2 kps when launching hen but around 15-20 successes. Rest mode still doesn't work properly (using hen 2.1.3b). Another thing I noted is that tonight the exploit page is actually fully rendered before the out of memory error appears, like I can see the drop down menu and some text on the bottom. Previously the page is always blank before the out of memory error appears. Not sure what's going on but I'm happy with it.

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found this new 7.02 exploit host:

https://darkmoddervc.github.io/PS4JB/index702.html

Nice thing about this host is that it allows you to chain multiple payloads and run them all at once, so you don't need to click through all those out of memory errors again if you want to run another payload after running hen. Tested on my phat 7.02 and it works. This is my go-to exploit host now.

qamartheone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Nice thing about this host is that it allows you to chain multiple payloads and run them all at once, so you don't need to click through all those out of memory errors again if you want to run another payload after running hen. Tested on my phat 7.02 and it works. This is my go-to exploit host now.
that hakku site is still not loading properly on 5.05 it loads well on pc...so did u try checking on yo 5.05 ps4 ?

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that hakku site is still not loading properly on 5.05 it loads well on pc...so did u try checking on yo 5.05 ps4 ?
Just tried on my 7.02 and the website loaded just fine. Maybe try cleaning your website cache? Anyway I'd recommend using ps-phwoar on 5.05.

Mahmood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hi everyone, I'm new to all this jailbreak stuff, but I have some questions.
I have currently 3 PS4s, the PRO which I'm currently using for online gaming and it's updated to the latest update, and 2 slims, one at 6.51, and the other at 7.00 and I'm planning to use both of these for jailbreak, so what do you all mean by stability ??
does this mean that the PS4 might shut down in mid of gaming, or do you mean the number of tries required to run the exploit same as running HEN on PS3 ?

And for the 7.02 how much time does it take for each try, I mean if for example the 7.02 needs 30 tries to run the exploit and the time for each try is just seconds as the PS3 HEN then I think I'll be fine with that?

And what is the meaning of Kernel panic ?

And my last question, how can I dump my games bought through PSN store ??
I mean I saw video on how to dump my disk based games which is easy, but what about digital games and the DLCs ?

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what do you all mean by stability ??
does this mean that the PS4 might shut down in mid of gaming, or do you mean the number of tries required to run the exploit same as running HEN on PS3 ?
By stability I mean how often the system kernel panics after running hen. For example, 5.05 is very stable (rarely kernel panics) and 7.02 is not.

And for the 7.02 how much time does it take for each try, I mean if for example the 7.02 needs 30 tries to run the exploit and the time for each try is just seconds as the PS3 HEN then I think I'll be fine with that?
I used to have very low success rate on my 7.02 phat, each retry takes around 30-60 seconds, so roughly 20 minutes or more if hen fails and the console kernel panics. But something strange happened last week and now I have better luck at web exploit, usually 5-10 retries and hen will load. Not sure what happened.

And what is the meaning of Kernel panic ?
Kernel panic is a unix thing, more details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_panic
On ps4 it's a side effect of the exploit, and when it happens your ps4 will freeze and shutdown. Next time you power it on it will show the check system storage screen. It usually happens when the exploit fails and opening/closing games. Based on my experience it rarely happens in game.

And my last question, how can I dump my games bought through PSN store ??
I mean I saw video on how to dump my disk based games which is easy, but what about digital games and the DLCs ?
I believe it's the same process, run the app dumper payload and then open the game.

Also I'd recommend you update your 6.51 to 6.72 and use leeful's exploit host. It has much better success rate and stability than 7.02.

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kernel panic is a unix thing, more details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_panic
On ps4 it's a side effect of the exploit, and when it happens your ps4 will freeze and shutdown. Next time you power it on it will show the check system storage screen. It usually happens when the exploit fails and opening/closing games. Based on my experience it rarely happens in game

Have you heard or experienced a Kernel Panic that led to a brick or something bad with PS4? I used to have 5.05 for a long time and then I updated to play newer games. I'm on 7.55 now and waiting for the next hacking. It seems will get too many attempts before it works.

Mahmood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
By stability I mean how often the system kernel panics after running hen. For example, 5.05 is very stable (rarely kernel panics) and 7.02 is not.

I used to have very low success rate on my 7.02 phat, each retry takes around 30-60 seconds, so roughly 20 minutes or more if hen fails and the console kernel panics. But something strange happened last week and now I have better luck at web exploit, usually 5-10 retries and hen will load. Not sure what happened.

On ps4 it's a side effect of the exploit, and when it happens your ps4 will freeze and shutdown. Next time you power it on it will show the check system storage screen. It usually happens when the exploit fails and opening/closing games. Based on my experience it rarely happens in game.

I believe it's the same process, run the app dumper payload and then open the game.

Also I'd recommend you update your 6.51 to 6.72 and use leeful's exploit host. It has much better success rate and stability than 7.02.

I read on other thread, that 7.02 rarely have Kernel panic from the exploit, it happens when using rest mode only, so is this true ?

And why trying to use rest mode instead of shut down ? is it to keep the exploit from running it again every time and have to deal with the hassle of retrying ?

And my last question regarding the digital game, I think I can't dump them if I can't see them, and the only way I can see these game to appear is by logging in to my account for them to appear and download them to run and then dump them, so is it even safe to log into my account in an exploited system ??

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you heard or experienced a Kernel Panic that led to a brick or something bad with PS4? I used to have 5.05 for a long time and then I updated to play newer games. I'm on 7.55 now and waiting for the next hacking. It seems will get too many attempts before it works.
No, kernel panic won't brick your system, worst it could do is kill your hard drive or cause data loss as the system will power off when kp happens. In that case you just need to reinstall firmware and it will be back.
Based on what I saw on twitter 7.55 is even less stable than 7.02. Too bad you updated tho, many games have backports for 5.05.

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read on other thread, that 7.02 rarely have Kernel panic from the exploit, it happens when using rest mode only, so is this true ?

And why trying to use rest mode instead of shut down ? is it to keep the exploit from running it again every time and have to deal with the hassle of retrying ?

And my last question regarding the digital game, I think I can't dump them if I can't see them, and the only way I can see these game to appear is by logging in to my account for them to appear and download them to run and then dump them, so is it even safe to log into my account in an exploited system ??
No, kp could also happen when you try to launch or close a game, although not very common but it happened to me several times. Also when jailbreak fails it will kp when you try to reboot the system.

Rest mode will keep hen in memory so you don't have to run the exploit again.

If you don't have the game installed you can't dump them. Also you can't download them from psn directly because you are not on latest fw. Maybe you can try the pkg auto install method to load your game on your console first then try to dump them.
Details here:

Reactions: Mahmood

Mahmood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
No, kp could also happen when you try to launch or close a game, although not very common but it happened to me several times. Also when jailbreak fails it will kp when you try to reboot the system.

Rest mode will keep hen in memory so you don't have to run the exploit again.

If you don't have the game installed you can't dump them. Also you can't download them from psn directly because you are not on latest fw. Maybe you can try the pkg auto install method to load your game on your console first then try to dump them.
Details here:

Aha so you mean download the games to the PC and then log in to my account install the games I downloaded through the PC, then opening it and dumping it.

But is it safe to log in to my account in exploited system ?

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha so you mean download the games to the PC and then log in to my account install the games I downloaded through the PC, then opening it and dumping it.

But is it safe to log in to my account in exploited system ?
Haven't tried this method on my ps4 yet, just follow the video and it should work. You can't login your account on old fw anyway.

Reactions: Mahmood

fohstick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

great host. I'm using it and it's much faster than https://hakkuraifu.github.io/PS4xploit/#7.02

randy_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using karo's 7.02N for several days now and it's pretty solid, success rate is about the same as darkmodder's 7.02 host. Only difference I noticed is that if jb fails, karo's host will kp instantly while darkmodder's host will show a message telling you jailbreak failed and kp when you try to reboot.
BTW I made a customized host based on karo's 7.02N, added a few other useful payloads (GTA V mod menu, mira, web activator and rif renamer) and changed the look of it.
Credit goes to karo and all other payload and jailbreak developers.
Here's the github page if you want to try it out: https://stanleyws.github.io/new
I also modified darkmodder's host and added goldhen 1.1. Here's the link : https://stanleyws.github.io/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s