Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

HairDyeGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It may have been asked before, but is there a way to change the color of the VC banner or one can only change the color of the "cartridge's frame"?
I tried also to upload a custom banner but it still came out greyscale

fyredragon

whats a gbatemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me out? Earlier today I was converting all my Gameboy ROMs to be used on my 3DS and it all went fine until I forgot to change the forced pixel perfect mode. So I started over again and for the life of me, I can't download the box art for any of the games. I've tried numerous troubleshooting attempts like rebooting both the computer and router, re-downloading the injector and trying different versions of it. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, if you need more specifics on what error it is, it's an SSL / TLS secure channel error.

MegaMarkLM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having the same issue (not being able to download the title screens) but I'm guessing it's actually something server-related, Beta 28 has the same issue at the moment.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having the same issue (not being able to download the title screens) but I'm guessing it's actually something server-related, Beta 28 has the same issue at the moment.
It's a common issue. That usually happens when you're using R*Ms that have been modified with hacks/mods/r*mhacks...
You can try to manually search for the game through the database.

MegaMarkLM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's a common issue. That usually happens when you're using R*Ms that have been modified with hacks/mods/r*mhacks...
I wasn't using modified games in this case, I was injecting Drill Dozer. Funny thing is, two days prior I created a CIA with Beta 27, without noticing that save type was set to "none", so I couldn't save. There was no issue with the downloading of the start screen, however. Then I forgot to redo the inject for those couple of days, and when I started again I first noticed that neither the start screen nor the box art were downloading, so I came here and redownloaded Beta 27. Still happening. I then downloaded Beta 28, but same deal. So I just went and booted the game in mGBA and took a screencap of the start srceen.

As an adittional detail, Beta 27 couldn't set a proper save type for the game for some funny reason, while Beta 28 could, so at least that worked out in my favor at the end.

While the server is down, does anyone know a good alternative for game art? I'm fine with manual downloading, just a minor inconvenience.

While I don't know where to download the start screens or box arts for the games, I just usually boot the game in an emulator to take a screenshot when the program doesn't have an appropiate one (ex. for Rom-hacks) as I stated above.

Last edited by MegaMarkLM,

vitobru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's so weird tho, because i literally used it to download box art last week or so and now it can't even find regular non hacked Emerald

Reactions: MegaMarkLM

MarianoKaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a way to remap buttons on the New Super Ultimate Injector? It's so hard to play GBA games that need the SELECT button for everything like A Link to the Past and almost all of the GBA game library considering that my 3DS has a broken SELECT button that doesn't even work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I remap buttons on this injector? I've been having many problems with GBA games that require the SELECT button which is broken on my 3DS.

MarianoKaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How come I can customize sleep mode combinations and hard reset combinations but not remap the actual buttons like SELECT>Y?
upload_2021-1-19_22-19-13.png

Antman5ooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any updates on this situation?

Hey, I just opened the database folder (just out of curiosity) and I found a XML file that took too me to the old version of internet explorer. The link is just my file directory so it won't do anything. what do you guys think about it because I am sorely confused (by the way, I am not a professional and I'm not a dev).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-20 150303.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-01-20 150303.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 400

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any updates on this situation?

Hey, I just opened the database folder (just out of curiosity) and I found a XML file that took too me to the old version of internet explorer. The link is just my file directory so it won't do anything. what do you guys think about it because I am sorely confused (by the way, I am not a professional and I'm not a dev).

What exactly is going on? You have no previous posts about anything. What situation are you going on about?

Antman5ooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly is going on? You have no previous posts about anything. What situation are you going on about?
so today, when trying to install GBA box art through the database in new super ultimate injector, it tells me "the request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel". this extremely annoys me because i dont want to have to find box art and a banner for each game. I have 9.

Last edited by Antman5ooo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards