Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

CoupureElectrique

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can amplify the audio and adjust its settings via the injector before converting them.
I made a couple cia’s with different volume settings (cranked the volume both up and down 25%), tried different DKC1 roms and they all had audio distortions in the title screens (nails on chalk board screeching) Not a huge deal I know.

May or may not have tried an official VC cia and it worked fine. Might stick with it as a last resort.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a couple cia’s with different volume settings (cranked the volume both up and down 25%), tried different DKC1 roms and they all had audio distortions in the title screens (nails on chalk board screeching) Not a huge deal I know.

May or may not have tried an official VC cia and it worked fine. Might stick with it as a last resort.
I'm guessing that is the only option then. Keep in mind that the latest build (28) still uses outdated emus for injections.

PlasmaWisp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using NSUI beta 28 and every time i build a cia file it just shows this

Attachments

• eroor.png
    eroor.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 481
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You tried build the cia with the antivirus disabled?
I remember that I had the same error and it was due to the antivirus
This. Make sure that you whitelist the program BEFORE creating the CIA file. If that doesn't work, try re-downloading the software. It may have been corrupted during the download process.

Reactions: placebo_yue

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: CoupureElectrique
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an issue with the UI where you can't reach half of the CIA Banner settings?
Attached is my GBA Injector UI, at the bottom right corner half of the GUI is missing, and the CIA Banner and "Game patches and extras" are cut off so I can't press it. What am I missing out on?

Attachments

• UI issue.png
    UI issue.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 435
Last edited by Deleted member 374255,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an issue with the UI where you can't reach half of the CIA Banner settings?
Attached is my GBA Injector UI, at the bottom right corner half of the GUI is missing, and the CIA Banner and "Game patches and extras" are cut off so I can't press it. What am I missing out on?
that in itself is that your screen res is too high that it cuts off bits of the program screen.

CoupureElectrique

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Woohoo thanks it worked. :yay: (after applying all three patches on DKC, including the "slow rom fix") (Just needed to drag the rom into the app, and save/transfer the data.bin for Turtles in Time ... )

SFRom tool seems a bit broken though. Crashes on startup/update check and the only way to get it to start was to put my PC in airplane mode.

Last edited by CoupureElectrique,
Reactions: Feffe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woohoo thanks it worked. :yay: (after applying all three patches on DKC, including the "slow rom fix") (Just needed to drag the rom into the app, and save/transfer the data.bin for Turtles in Time ... )

SFRom tool seems a bit broken though. Crashes on startup/update check and the only way to get it to start was to put my PC in airplane mode.
That might be an issue with your anit-virus/firewall. Try and whitelist the program.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Glad to hear it! I checked and DKC uses the default sound value, so it is probably one of the patches or the Preset ID which is fixing the issue. Maybe the game is so intensive to emulate they have to resort to some hacks to get the music right on 3DS?

Anyway, if you have time, would you mind testing MaternalBound Redux and the Famicom Detective Club translation, using NSUI? These hacks don't work with Sfrom Tool, so we have to use default values. Curious if they have any sound distortion.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:O HALP!

Encountered a unique problem that I've never encountered before with the NSUI today when I attempted to inject Caveman Games for the NES. I got a message prompt telling me that the ROM was not compatible with the injection method, but that it should work with standard emulation on 3DS, and to actually message the creator on these forums to let him know that it doesn't work (not sure I'm ever allowed to send PM's yet), so that he can update the software compatibility.

Not taking the software's word for it, I injected it anyway (just in case). Sure enough, it didn't work. Crashed with an Exception Error. I've downloaded three separate ROMs for it, and receive the same message every time. I then tried to emulate it via Twilight Menu, and got nothing but a black screen.

Would anyone here be able to provide some insight as to why this is, or help me to get the game running?

Thanks.

Fixed myself. Was a bad ROM, and used an alternate forwarder route. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by Thee_Stranger,

Reaver83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried injecting Captain Skyhawk for the NES via the injector and the intro credits play, but as soon as the sound and intro is supposed to load, it crashes. Pretty sure it does not use a special sound chip, this is the board for my legit copy of the game.
20201225_165018.jpg

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten the Project Naga English translation of Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War to work with the official SNES VC injection? The unpatched Japanese rom works just fine, as does the English translation of Mystery of the Emblem, but for some reason the Project Naga translation just goes to a black screen and I have to force restart my 3DS.

SaturnWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone - first off big thanks to @Asdolo for this awesome tool! However I've ran into an interesting issue with b28 that I don't have with b27.

I can create CIAs just fine with b27 - no issues, pretty much everything I've thrown at it has worked thus far.

However I found out b28 was available - downloaded it and was able to make one (1) CIA. Since then, no matter what options, rebooting, etc.. I always get the dreaded "RESULT_ERROR_DURING_PROCESS" and it doesn't create the CIA.

Even for ROMS (specifically GBA) that worked perfectly with b27, they kick back the same error with b28. Any idea if anything has changed under the hood? I found it strange that I was able to create a single CIA then ever since then, it hasn't worked.

EDIT: Just looking at Asdolo's changelog, I noticed the following change:
2018-05-10 12:04:29 - Asdolo's commit: Updated makerom, ctrtool and bannertool for both 64 and 32 bits (fixes #12)

This got me thinking, is there a possibility that one of these updates may be driving the error? Anyone else experienced the above error?

EDIT #2: This is really strange... I just tried again and had the same issue - it created one CIA perfectly fine, when I tried to make a second, it errors out and any subsequent tries it's errors again even with reboots/restarts of the program. Looking at the directory when it errors out I see several temp folders are created: temp1, temp2, temp3, temp4, etc... and it creates three (3) temp folders each time up to the point it errors out. This got me thinking some more... is it possible that the internal references to these temp folders are not being updated properly within the code (i.e. some variable somewhere doesn't get updated to point at the correct temp folder). Without looking at the code I can't verify, but just throwing some ideas out there.

Last edited by SaturnWii,

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've tried the original tool and this now, and I'm running into the same issue with Donkey Kong Country 3 for GBA. It wraps upwards, showing part of the top of the screen on the bottom. It doesn't have issues in pixel perfect mode, only in full-size. Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16