Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

iannoah440

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can fix that by screenshotting the text banner and cropping the it and making the rest transparent

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I was wondering but where are SNES9X forwarder save files located? I can't seem to find them
Tried doing the screenshot trick and yet couldn't get the image to show up, what image format did you use?
EDIT: Cool! I see you're using the SNES Classic theme I made!

Last edited by iannoah440,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You can fix that by screenshotting the text banner and cropping the it and making the rest transparent

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I was wondering but where are SNES9X forwarder save files located? I can't seem to find them
That looks great! is that banner included in newer builds of the injector?

Profez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
custom footer vc.png
example.png
Tried doing the screenshot trick and yet couldn't get the image to show up, what image format did you use?
EDIT: Cool! I see you're using the SNES Classic theme I made!
I used PNG here is what I used. This text banner if that is what you are talking about is from Oldsnes I believe but, I use it so that I know what's not officially made to differentiate injects from official ones. Make sure that yours is exactly 256x64 and make the part that I made red to be transparent. Hopefully, this helps you!

Last edited by Profez,
D

Deleted User

Firstly, thank you for this; this is a great tool to have when you have the extra CIA installation slots available in your 3DS.
I have a large MicroSD but I keep my emulators as Homebrew to organise collections.

However, some games really do deserve to be put on the 3DS Menu, more than just the Official Virtual Console titles.
So, to get the maximum Quality of Life is to install these:
  • New Super Ultimate Injector
  • 3DSBank

I use 3DSBank to create a new 3DS Menu and then load it up with Virtual Console injects created by NSUI.
Everything I've created works great, so I'm looking forward to this application's development.

SilverSpireZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is fantastic so far. However, I'm having issues with Super Mario Bros. 3 crashing on launch, and some ROM hacks for Metroid (particularly MDbtroid) showing a jumbled mess of pixels after selecting start. I'd love to play those in pixel perfect mode without the dark filter. Other than that, from the ones I've test so far, they work great!

D

Deleted User

Here is a debug build of beta 28: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8fxlz3zv25edtw/Debug.zip?dl=0
Please test it and send me feedback!

This Beta 28 version is sweet; I found this comment by accident whilst ping-pong-ing around the website looking for a PC Engine Injector.
Very glad I did.

Have been using it to create CIAs for GBA and PC Engine titles; the new GBA 3D model is worth redoing all my previous injects and the new PC Engine 3D model is icing on that cake.

I did notice that Beta 28 gave me a lot more Error notices when compiling CIAs from the same GBA ROMs that Beta 27 had no problems with. I realised that if I continue to try and create said CIAs, they'll eventually be done and mostly without errors, so it's doable regardless.
One out of the several translated GBA ROMs did give me an error, but I wasn't expecting these to work properly in the first place.

All the new Modes supported are mouthwatering, and I'm keen to try the Game & Watch ROMs, once I find out which ones aren't already covered by GameBoy versions.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is fantastic so far. However, I'm having issues with Super Mario Bros. 3 crashing on launch, and some ROM hacks for Metroid (particularly MDbtroid) showing a jumbled mess of pixels after selecting start. I'd love to play those in pixel perfect mode without the dark filter. Other than that, from the ones I've test so far, they work great!
It depends on the R*M file you have. Make sure you check their MD5/SHA hashes BEFORE modding them.

Last edited by Deleted member 534570,
D

Deleted User

View attachment 232579 View attachment 232580
I used PNG here is what I used. This text banner if that is what you are talking about is from Oldsnes I believe but, I use it so that I know what's not officially made to differentiate injects from official ones. Make sure that yours is exactly 256x64 and make the part that I made red to be transparent. Hopefully, this helps you!

Yo this background template looks wicked perfect.

For those of you who want more than just the background template, have this for convenience. The templates in section iii of here have not just the background as a template, but the a font that looks just like the font the legit virtual console banners use, all in .psd files. (You need to install the font provided first, the templates are just set to use that font it it is installed, sorry for any previous confusion.) The link for the gimp templates provided are dead now that filetrip is dead, but modern gimp should be able to use .psd files from the photoshop templates without any plugins. It even has instructions on how to make the banners look as official as possible.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tested out several MegaDrive/Genesis games that were injected via RetroArch PicoDrive. There's a lot of slowdown and audio lag. However, they seem to run fine with the default or non-RetroArch PicoDrive emulator. I just hope the next build adds that injection method instead.

Edit: Is Asoldo still working on this? It seems that he's been inactive since 2019.

D

Deleted User

I just tested out several MegaDrive/Genesis games that were injected via RetroArch PicoDrive. There's a lot of slowdown and audio lag. However, they seem to run fine with the default or non-RetroArch PicoDrive emulator. I just hope the next build adds that injection method instead.

Edit: Is Asoldo still working on this? It seems that he's been inactive since 2019.

He's the one who put up the latest beta almost three months ago, so I assume he is. Post here for the convenience of others. https://gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/page-33#post-9174080
As far as I know he's busy with uni and the switch scene.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

rolenks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question! is it possible to add cheats to for example a gameboy game I've added to my home screen?

Profez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo this background template looks wicked perfect.

For those of you who want more than just the background template, have this for convenience. The templates in section iii of here have not just the background as a template, but the a font that looks just like the font the legit virtual console banners use, all in .psd files. (You need to install the font provided first, the templates are just set to use that font it it is installed, sorry for any previous confusion.) The link for the gimp templates provided are dead now that filetrip is dead, but modern gimp should be able to use .psd files from the photoshop templates without any plugins. It even has instructions on how to make the banners look as official as possible.
I've seem those before but, is there one for GBA? I'm asking since GBA doesn't have the "Released:" line and times I've used that template it looked weird.

Tokenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question! is it possible to add cheats to for example a gameboy game I've added to my home screen?
One option would be using something similar to GBAATM/DSATM (but for GB games) and hard patch premade codes into the rom, then injecting that rom with NSUI into a VC cia. See here for more info on that process for GB games.

Also, Gameshark codes for the GB/GBC had a lot less flexibility so you wouldn't be able to get the GBA and further "Hold __ button for __" so your hard-coded cheats would be always on, which might not be what you want. Make sure you backup your save with Checkpoint before you try this. If you set a different TitleID with NSUI you might be able to have 2 versions of the same game on your 3DS, one with cheats, and use Checkpoint to swap your save between them when you want to play with cheats and when don't. Or set the same TitleID and keep the CIAs on your 3DS and just uninstall one version and install the other with FBI when you want to switch. Just some examples of what you could do to toggle the cheats so they won't be always on.

Alternatively you could extract the save through Checkpoint and move it to your computer, load it on an emulator and cheat there (to give yourself 999999 money or items you want or something), and then save and transfer the save back onto your 3DS and load it back into the VC one with Checkpoint.

D

Deleted User

I've seem those before but, is there one for GBA? I'm asking since GBA doesn't have the "Released:" line and times I've used that template it looked weird.
They're a one size fits all type of template, you just need to remove the "released" line and proceed to centering the game title line.
Yeah, they have this weird little transparent gray outline thing around the banner, but using the default generated banner with set text and other images still do that for me, while I haven't really seen it happen to other people, so it isn't something I immediately thought of. Sorry about that!

Profez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture.PNG I did remove the released like but the line doesn't change since the GBA line should be in the center. If you can send me what you did I'd appreciate it!

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse has sprite glitches when injecting with VirtualNES. I'm guessing NSUI v28 still uses an older version since the sprite issue has been fixed on later versions.

BruceNovaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, someone can explain how do i change the snes9x version of the emulator installed in this forwarder? If there is a way of course.

D

Deleted User

View attachment 234082 I did remove the released like but the line doesn't change since the GBA line should be in the center. If you can send me what you did I'd appreciate it!
The instructions included with the .psd templates download tells you to center things with the alignment layer... It's something you have to do by yourself, it's not something that happens automatically. I googled some instructions on how to use the alignment tool in gimp, but first I assume you'd need to select the "Pasted layer" (which should be the equivalent to the alignment layer in the .psd files) in your template so the alignment tool doesn't try centering the whole image.

D

Deleted User

Hi guys, someone can explain how do i change the snes9x version of the emulator installed in this forwarder? If there is a way of course.

I assume the screenshot is what you mean.
After selecting your SNES ROM and waiting for the application to connect to the Internet and search for appropriate Art, the Content Options part of the dialogue should open up and you can find your Emulator there.

I am using the Beta 28 Version, with the Language Options set to English.
Below is the original link.
Here is a debug build of beta 28: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8fxlz3zv25edtw/Debug.zip?dl=0

Please test it and send me feedback!

If what you mean is changing versions of the Emulator, I would suggest that you try the Virtual Console version instead; it has all the on-screen saving features that are convenient and don't come with running it through other emulators and, performance-wise, I can't say I've noticed a difference.

Attachments

• 2020-11-21_123311.png
    2020-11-21_123311.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: