Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it worked? Did you had to SRAM patch the ROM? What save type option you chose?
No need to SRAM patch Drill Dozer with the older Ultimate GBA Injector v1.6b. You can choose SRAM, FRAM (128 Kbit) for the Save Type.

If you run into a title where neither NSUI beta 27 or Ultimate GBA Injector allows you select the correct save type as specified per advanescene rom info database, refer to the serial code trickery editing technique.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to run this program on the android version of wine?
While I got it to run with Wine in principle (required some work with winetricks – if you're interested in this: have fun.) I have no knowledge about Android whatsoever (and really made a fool of myself when having to deal with an Android phone.) As far as I know most Android devices have ARM CPUs which makes executing x86 and x86_64 impossible without some kind of emulator. For x86 compatible Android devices this looks better.

Can only give you some links to winehq and not a definitive answer – I don't own any suitable devices for testing:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Android
https://wiki.winehq.org/Emulation
https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/

If you are talking about an ARM based device, my feeling (not knowledge!) tells me that the easiest way is to switch to a modern x86(_64) Windows computer for using the injector – or use a virtual Windows machine on x86(_64) Linux/MacOS.

dada78641

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but don't use non-ascii characters when exporting projects to CIA. I just tried to export one with Japanese characters and it claimed it saved successfully, but actually it wasn't producing any files, weirdly enough.

edit:

NSUI is working really well, but there's something I don't get.
When I use the QuickNES forwarder, the text is all messed up:
PGO5iXY.png

I think this is maybe because I'm using a Japanese 3DS, and so it's trying to display Japanese text but doesn't have a font?
Does anyone know how I can fix this, or maybe force the RetroArch to use English?
edit: tried adding user_language = "0" to the main retroarch config file but it doesn't respect that, guess you can't just manually change settings in the forwarded RetroArch for something made in NSUI.

Last edited by dada78641,

gemliu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,
great software, so glad you made it @Asdolo.
I've seen this question being asked every now and then in this thread, but it's never been answered:

Is there anything special I have to do, to create custom border images for the GB/GBC? With transpareny? With or without compression? Cut out the center part?

I too get a distorted image (smaller and on the left). Is there a template or anything like that?

Border_Transparent_3.png

Cheers,
Gem

PS: Here is a list of all special GameBoy color palettes for Non-GameBoyColor games (sometimes slots have to be swapped to get the correct result).

PPS: Here are palette files for NSUI (Farbpaletten.zip).

Attachments

• Farbpaletten.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by gemliu,

Initiate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone earlier asked about adding cartridge labels to the SNES forwarders. This is actually possible to do, but it requires manual texture replacement in Ohana3DS. The SNES texture has a 44x23 white section that is mapped to the cartridge's label, and editing the texture for each banner and putting the cartridge label there will result in the desired effect.

lGWfJXK.jpg

2 hours later edit: I don't know what the dimensions are when dealing with the Super Famicom or PAL SNES models, but extracting the textures for yourself should be fairly simple.

02/18/2020 edit: I'd be very surprised if this is impossible to automate. I'm considering writing a tool myself, actually.

Last edited by Initiate,

daddu3

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As of late, I've been getting this following error during attempting to install any CIAs through this app:

Code:
Failed to install from URL...

Result Code:0xD820A069

Level: Permanent (27)

Summary: Nop (1)

Module: HTTP (40)

Desc: Request timed out (105)

As far as I heard, someone had the same issue for some reason. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

wally86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do i put the palette files?

Hi guys,
great software, so glad you made it @Asdolo.
I've seen this question being asked every now and then in this thread, but it's never been answered:

Is there anything special I have to do, to create custom border images for the GB/GBC? With transpareny? With or without compression? Cut out the center part?

I too get a distorted image (smaller and on the left). Is there a template or anything like that?

View attachment 194813

Cheers,
Gem

PS: Here is a list of all special GameBoy color palettes for Non-GameBoyColor games (sometimes slots have to be swapped to get the correct result).

PPS: Here are palette files for NSUI (Farbpaletten.zip).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know how to disable Dark Filter on a GBC cia? the cia is all ready made and just needs that setting?

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've got the dark filter settings, although it doesn't desaturate that much, mostly just lowers brightness. That's about it aside from hacking the rom, many restoration patches are available for SNES ports.

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. There is no such folder, nor save games anywhere, or anything related to NSUI. Trying to find a GBA Firered .sav file.

That sounds familiar. I think that’s only for games where you inject into a “forwarder” (single-purpose package with a community emulator) versus into an actual virtual console. For virtual console games, the save files are kept within the title’s save data (that you can see and retrieve with utilities such as Checkpoint) except for GBA, which keeps it’s save data somewhere that only Godmode9 (https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html#backup-gba-vc-saves) can access.

Jeikobu

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For virtual console games, the save files are kept within the title’s save data (that you can see and retrieve with utilities such as Checkpoint) except for GBA, which keeps it’s save data somewhere that only Godmode9 can access.

This is the answer I was looking for. Worked like a charm, thanks.

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its nothing like shaders. There are palette patches to change colors but they have to be made specifically for each rom.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this from a thread about giving NES VC injects Download Play.
Is that part of this naturally for NES injects, or is it a separate process? If separate, how do I do it?
Edit: Never mind. It's built in! :)
Edit 2: Unfortunately, something's wrong. I'm trying to do it with Joy Mech Fight (Japan-only classic 2d fighting game made by Nintendo themselves- it's fantastic) and the graphics are garbled and half-missing. It freezes when I press start.
How do I get it to actually work?
Edit 3: I got it to work, but the fan-translation-patched version is still borked. How do I get THAT to work? (I tried twice- once with the "patch before inject' feature and once just using a prepatched file.)
Edit 4: I've got stuff working... except when I try Download Play. I'm borrowing a friend's unhacked 3DS (same region and whatnot) to test it out, and no matter which injected VC title I try it always gives me the black screen "there was an error" thing when I try to start sending the DP data.

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running Micro Mages download play multiplayer on 3DS once. It worked fine when I was downloading to another hacked 3DS, but I also had problems when downloading to a non-hacked 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol