Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
how to get GBA Hack roms to show up as the name you gave them? example: Pokemon Ultra Violet is always named Pokemon Fire Red, even though i named it Pokemon Ultra Violet. Same thing with any other Pokemon hack.
You have to change data in the rom itself but that will mess compatibility to trade with other games... then again you can't trade anyway.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Im actually having this same problem, i have installed the pos-tls/The Level Up, but now I get this error message

Manually download it instead. You may need to find a different source.
what does that mean? i'm totally confused.

The injector takes the information from the rom and hacks rarely bother to change that data, that's why it shows as the original game and not the hack.

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
if next beta will be released please add support for japanese and korean languages becasue if i enter them program says that it,s injected but cia is nowhere to be found

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if next beta will be released please add support for japanese and korean languages becasue if i enter them program says that it,s injected but cia is nowhere to be found

Do you have those languages installed in your computer? Because that may fix things. Just install those languages in Windows and see if that fixes things.

zee0108

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i just install gba games in .cia format (harvest moon friends of mineral town). wanna ask how to put cheat on this game? (like 999 money). thanks

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i just install gba games in .cia format (harvest moon friends of mineral town). wanna ask how to put cheat on this game? (like 999 money). thanks

You can edit the save file, that's the only way I know of doing it, unless you have a CIA of an already hacked rom and already has the cheats on it.

Last edited by raxadian,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
i have japanese but it does not seem to change anything
When you go to export if you just change the output file name to not be in Japanese it should work.

If you want to be able to export Japanese file names make sure you change your encoding to Japanese, not just your language, since Windows still thinks it's the 90s and who needs UTF-8.

On Windows 10 at least, open Control Panel (not Settings), select "Change Date, Time, and Number Formats", switch to the "Manage" tab, click the "Change system locale..." button and set your "Current system locale:" to "Japanese (Japan)", then reboot your computer. You'll know it worked because all your \s will become ¥s.
スクリーンショット 2022-03-18 230741.png

(Note: Option names may be slightly wrong, my Windows is in Japanese so I just translated back to English but the actual names might be a bit different)

Reactions: Takokeshi

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a random question related to New Super Ultimate Injector as it pertains to screen resolutions on 3DS XL for SNES and GBA games. It's been a while since I used the program, is there an option to get a perfect (or near perfect) aspect ratio on the 3ds display matching the Snes or GBA resolutions? While still taking up the majority of the screen? Much like a GBA game played on a Dsi XL looks clear and crisp, whereas on a 3DS on GBArunner2 it can look blurry when compared side by side.

Maybe this is not possible given the 3ds display resolution and it's screen type?

Edit: I know about holding start to launch into pixel perfect mode, but playing the game on the tiny centered box in the middle of the 3ds screen isn't exactly ideal in my opinion.

Last edited by jdsteel7,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I have a random question related to New Super Ultimate Injector as it pertains to screen resolutions on 3DS XL for SNES and GBA games. It's been a while since I used the program, is there an option to get a perfect (or near perfect) aspect ratio on the 3ds display matching the Snes or GBA resolutions? While still taking up the majority of the screen? Much like a GBA game played on a Dsi XL looks clear and crisp, whereas on a 3DS on GBArunner2 it can look blurry when compared side by side.

Maybe this is not possible given the 3ds display resolution and it's screen type?

Edit: I know about holding start to launch into pixel perfect mode, but playing the game on the tiny centered box in the middle of the 3ds screen isn't exactly ideal in my opinion.
For GBA, those are the only two options. Small letterboxed or fullscreen blurry, it's just not physically possible since the 3DS is 1.5x the resolution of the GBA so better scaling isn't possible.

For SNES it should be more or less pixel perfect I think, the SNES outputs at 240p and that's what the 3DS is too. If there's any scaling it's probably just horizontally scaling to the proper aspect ratio of 4:3 since due to the way CRT TVs work the SNES outputs an image that is 8:7 using square pixels, however CRTs don't display pixels like a digital display so that 8:7 image is actually drawn with non-square 'pixels' at 4:3 aspect ratio. There might be some option somewhere to choose between square pixels and scaling 4:3, but I'm afraid I'm not sure exactly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1